I need a RFing carseat for a 2yo

daisy0306

He is 28lbs, 29? inches. I have no idea what to get:confused::confused: I also have a 9 month old that is in a Graco infant carseat and will be moving into DS's Costco Alpha Omega Elite.

I have heard of the Britax Marathon but am wondering what else is out there that is not so much $$

TIA

ADS

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Hi and welcome! Good for you for wanting to keep your 2 yo rearfacing. There are plenty of seats on the market that will accomodate him at that height and weight. Are you sure of his height? I'm thinking that is a typo, since my 14 month old is 32 inches :)

Anyway if you are on a budget I would recommend the Evenflo Triumph Advance. It RF to 35 pounds, FF to 50 and has a nice tall shell. I have one RF for my very tall, long torsoed almost 3 year old. The new TrueFit is also a possibility, as is the Radian 65.

cpsaddict

This mama is in Canada, BTW. Hey, mama I answered you over at DS! You will get some great answers here! Personally, I think the Marathon or the Evenflo Triumph Advance would be great.

daisy0306

Hi and welcome! Good for you for wanting to keep your 2 yo rearfacing. There are plenty of seats on the market that will accomodate him at that height and weight. Are you sure of his height? I'm thinking that is a typo, since my 14 month old is 32 inches :)

Anyway if you are on a budget I would recommend the Evenflo Triumph Advance. It RF to 35 pounds, FF to 50 and has a nice tall shell. I have one RF for my very tall, long torsoed almost 3 year old. The new TrueFit is also a possibility, as is the Radian 65.

it was a typo :eek: he's 33-34 inches, he won't stand still ong enough for me to measure accursartely. He is FF right now but I'm researching carseats and doing my best to get DH on board with turning him back around.

in what vehicle will it be used?

We drive a Dodge Ram, quad cab?

This mama is in Canada, BTW. Hey, mama I answered you over at DS! You will get some great answers here! Personally, I think the Marathon or the Evenflo Triumph Advance would be great.

you've been so helpful!! Thank you so much! Another mama suggested the TrueFit, has it come out yet?

tcottawa

Just so you know, carseats in canada RF only to 30lbs, even the expensive ones. The important thing is to get a carseat that harnesses FF past 40lbs, which any of the models mentioned above do.:)

BudgieStew

I am not a tech but we had a 2004 Dodge Ram extended cab a few weeks back for a few days and our Britax Marathon installed beautifully in it rear facing.

Generally though I never have issues installing the Marathon in any car, they are very user friendly.

I have a picture but it was dark and rainy and with the grey seats and Black Marathon it makes it difficult to see details. And the one picture makes it look very reclined which is isn't. I take bad rear facing seat pictures.:eek:

It could be more upright for an older child and to make sure the passenger ahead has space. DD prefers it reclined and as I am short so am not eating the dash. DD is 33 inches and around 25 lbs and has many years left in this seat. Rear facing she is only using the second from the bottom slot.

I am not sure how much space would be left for a front passenger with a Radian rear facing..it would be tight fit as it has a very tall shell and a forced recline meaning you really cannot adjust it more upright. It did install nicely forward facing though.

I also own a Triumph Advance but it is so new I haven't installed it in anything yet but find it comparable to the Marathon in regard to fit wise for my rear facing two year old and at a much better price.

101_5680.jpg

101_5679.jpg

HTH

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC