New pics of children in Britax regent and B. Multi-Tech

lenats31

LOVELY SEAT (the same as mine :love:). I just noticed that the indicator on the supportleg is in the red zone. It should be in the green zone:)

Also, the Multi-Tech is to be installed somewhat more upright. Look under the seat. There you will find the reclinebar/plate, which you will need to rotate to the front of the seat. The reclinebar needs to sit flat on the car´s own seat.

Like so:

April2008C015.jpg

April2008C014.jpg

Also you should route the seatbelt as shown in these photos. The Lock-off must be between the shoulder and the lap part of the seatbelt on the door side of the restraint.

Lena

ADS

VKOrsi

LOVELY SEAT (the same as mine :love:). I just noticed that the indicator on the supportleg is in the red zone. It should be in the green zone:)

Lena
its the same color :)

the support leg :eek: i was not able to open it :confused:
i left the user's manual at my husband's office, and could not open it without that, so it is not attached to the "ground"

lenats31

You must use the supportleg at all times. The MT must not rest against the seat in front. Once you get the installation right, then you´ll find that the MT takes up less space than it does now. There should be at least 1 cm between the restraint and the seat in front.The way it is installed right now, the harness will need to be at or below the shoulders of your daughter. This is not allowed in the MT. getting the harness below the shoulders is not possible at all in the MT. the headwings will get in the way and squezee your dd´s shoulders. The angle at which you have installed the seat (45 degrees) requires that the harness be at or below the child´s shoulders in order for the restraint to perform well in a crash. the harness is above her shoulders in the lowest setting right?

Lena:)

VKOrsi

Thanks for the pictures... i thought something was not right.

(my only problem is, that if that is that upright, than the head of Lily falls forward while sleeping)
The seat does not touch the frontal seat, neighter did the TW Elite.

Harness is abow shoulder, you're right.

one question.
How do i open the support leg? i coult pull it forward, but did not get is downwards.

lenats31

Thanks for the pictures... i thought something was not right.

(my only problem is, that if that is that upright, than the head of Lily falls forward while sleeping)
The seat does not touch the frontal seat, neighter did the TW Elite.

Harness is abow shoulder, you're right.

one question.
How do i open the support leg? i coult pull it forward, but did not get is downwards.

Hi, and sorry for the late reply. I had trouble with the supportleg/footprop myself. So I can understand where you are coming from.:)

Here is how it´s done.

1. You pull it out from the back of the seat.
2. Place yourself in the doorway on the same side of the car as the seat.
3. Grab the the release button (the large white/grey part of the footprop) and push it towards yourself.

This will cause the footprop to release and shoot out through the release button.

4. in the back of your owner´s manual you will find a ruler/angle indicator.
5. Place the manual right under the top of the footprop (the T-bar) and hold it completely vertical.
6 The footprop is in the correct angle when it follows the ruler completely.

Steps to install the seat:
1. Locate the recline plate under the seat and rotate it towards the front of the seat.
2. open both belt lock-offs.
3. Pull the seat belt all the way out and pull both shoulder and lap part of it through the lock-off closest to you (door way).
4. Pull the belt through the belt route nearest you so that it comes on top of the seat where you can see it.
5. Close the lock-off on that side, just so the seat belt doesn´t retract.
6. Thread the belt back down right under the cover to the other side.
7. Buckle up the seat belt.
8. Put a knee on the seat, and route the slack through the belt paths as well.
9. Pull the shoulder part on the opposite side (tw. middle of car) until there is no more slack on that side of the seat.
10. Close the lock-off on that side of the seat.
11. Pull the shoulder part of the seat belt on the door side of the car in order to remove the slack there.
12. Make sure that the shoulder part is seperated from the lap part of the seat belt and close the lock-off there.

Footprop:
Now is the time to release the footprop and pull it to the right angle as desribed above. At this point you shouldn´t worry about the footprop not going into the green zone.

Tether straps:
1. Apply them into the seat in front with the buckle turned upwards. You install them where your adjust the front seat.
2. Make sure that they are not twisted.
3. Thread the buckles through the loops.
4. tighten them while making sure that the loops remain visiable - Otherwise they may not hold the seat as well as they could in a crash.
5. buckle them to the seat making sure that they are not twisted and that the buckles turn outwards.
6. tighten them to the point where the footprop indicator goes green on both sides. this is to indicate that they are ight enough.

Lena

Tia

I'm so hoping the Swede's among you can reply to me soon... I am off to buy my multi tech today. Its only 2,995kr in Barnens Hus right now and my little one is ready for the Secura our almost 3 year old is in.

My questions relate to forward facing it, the Swedish Britax site kind of freaked me out a little.
Our daughter undoubtedly will be rear facing for a while, she's only 93cm 36½inches now at 2 yr 8m, but she has a major travel sickness problem. Only 40km into a short drive to Hudiksvall from Söderhamn last week and we had our biggest puke fest ever... even with medications from the Dr.

His advice sadly is to forward face her for the long trips rather than resort to more potent medication. Something I'm willing to try.. we're maybe talking 6-8 times a year maximum.

So our question... the 5 point harness is useable forward facing too isn't it??? Please please say it is, she's way too little to go with the regular seat belt. I'm sure if its possible there are pics out there somewhere, I'm just struggling to find them since everything is promoting this as a RF seat for little ones.

Thanks in advance.

delgirrrl

So our question... the 5 point harness is useable forward facing too isn't it??? Please please say it is, she's way too little to go with the regular seat belt. I'm sure if its possible there are pics out there somewhere, I'm just struggling to find them since everything is promoting this as a RF seat for little ones.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, you can harness FF, BUT the 5-point harness FF is only to 18kg (40 pounds), and then to 25kg as a booster.

Adventuredad

Tia,

Delgirrl is correct. It can be used forward facing but only use with a harness until 18 kg. (40 lbs). I don't have a MT myself but love the seat.

If your signature is correct, your daughter weights 28 lbs and would have plenty of room to sit forward facing and harnessed in the MT. At an older age you can use the regular seatbelt with the MT which is what the leading experts here recommend instead of using a harness (Note, only for kids older than 4-5 years)

You can read more about how to use the MT here (manual in English). Best of luck, please let me know if you have further questions (I'm located in Sweden).

VKOrsi

of course FF you can use it harnessed. My sons are 100-105 cm of height, and multitech fits them. (we woud have one more slot to go)

but according to one friend of mine who bought multitech for me, it can be used harnessed until 25 kg, as Britax Elite.

lenats31

Moved the photos on Photobucket. So I have to re-load them.:(

2008A011.jpg

2008A008.jpg

2008A007.jpg

April2008C002.jpg

April2008C001.jpg

Marts2008002-1.jpg

Marts2008001-1.jpg

Marts2008009.jpg

Marts2008008.jpg

Juni2008B006.jpg

August2008C001.jpg

Legroom:

August2008C002.jpg

15 months old:
August2008006.jpg

10 months old:
2008A003.jpg

now almost 16 months old, he has moved up by one slot.

desertkiwi

My MultiTech arrived (super fast, thanks AdventureDad!). It is a wonderful seat, excellent quality, sturdy and good looking too. Excellent instruction manual. I love it and so does DD2.

I installed it this morning. I have to admit it took me a bit of time to install, but this was due to my car not the seat! My car (Porsche Cayenne) has seats which have a leather cover over the entire seat - both seat back and seat cushion (rather than the seat cushion and seat back each being separately covered). This caused me problems with the tethers, because there isn't a space to pull the tether through between the back of the car seat - I had to reach under the car seat and pull the leather cover up a bit so I could pull the tether through between the seat back and seat cushion. I hope this is OK? I don't suppose I could fix the tethers to the Isofix points on the front passenger seat instead? I assume not otherwise it would say so in the Multi Tech manual....Unfortunately the seat runners don't have runner loops.

My other concern is the foot prop. I have it extended to its maximum locked length and it seems to only just go into the green zone - or half and half green and red. I don't think my car seats are particularly high (although it is a SUV so they are higher than a standard car), so maybe I am doing something wrong.

Anyway, will download a few pictures later. It feels like it is extremely well fixed in my car with no movement.

Thanks again for your help :thumbsup:

desertkiwi

Here are some photos (hope they work - first time posting photos).

I have sorted the footprop after reading Lenats advice to tighten the tethers more - this worked so the footprop is now green. Just want to check the tether installation is ok.

Thanks v much

300309_0013.jpg

300309_0019.jpg

300309_0020.jpg

300309_0022.jpg

300309_0029.jpg

300309_0033.jpg

munchkin

Here are some photos (hope they work - first time posting photos).

That looks like such a nice seat! What does the fabric feel like?

I am totally clueless about foreign seat, but is the blue seat supposed to be that reclined? I know US FF seats really should not be reclined for safety reasons, but I was wondering about yours, maybe it is the angle of the pic, but it looks really reclined.

desertkiwi

The blue seat is a Maxi-Cosi Priorifix seat - European/UK Maxi Cosi seat. It has a base and 3 recline positions that it moves to within the base IYKWIM. It is an Isofix seat with rigid Isofix connectors. So, to answer your question, yes, it does recline that far and it is correctly installed, but to be honest I never use it like that. I had only just remembered that it did recline and so was trying it out. I agree that it is safer for them to be in upright position. Good spotting!

The red seat has great fabric - not fluffy, but more like canvassy stuff I guess. Not up on fabric types - can you tell :) Perfect fabric for the stinking hot weather we have here!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC