New pics of children in Britax regent and B. Multi-Tech

lenats31

I took these photos TODAY April 28. 2008.

Sarah is almost 4 years old and app. 43" tall:eek::eek: already.
2008A007.jpg

2008A008.jpg

2008A009.jpg

2008A009.jpg

The hpotos that I have posted priously on carseat-org of Mathias in his Britax Multi-Tech were taken on the day we got it. that was 6 or 7 weeks ago.
He was 9 months old then.

He meassured 77 cm at his 8 month check-up. divide that by 2,54. That will give the meassurement in inches. I don´t know how tall he is now, but my guess is app. 82 cm./app 32"

Today at 10 months and 3 weeks old: still plenty of room to grow in the bottom harness slot.
2008A003.jpg

2008A004.jpg

2008A005.jpg

2008A006.jpg

Love these seats:love:

Lena

ADS

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
Are the seats overseas different in terms of which slots you use for rear facing? We *must* have the straps at or *below* the shoulders when rear facing, but yours are clearly above (on the Multi-tech)?

lenats31

Are the seats overseas different in terms of which slots you use for rear facing? We *must* have the straps at or *below* the shoulders when rear facing, but yours are clearly above (on the Multi-tech)?

Yes, there are different rules for harness heights in rearfacing carseats. Here, the harness is supposed to be "at or little above" the shoulders never "below". Also, they don´t have chest clips. Without the chest clip AND the "at" or "little above" the shoulders rule, you can pull the harness tighter and get a snug fit.

Lena

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
I knew about the chest clip, but good to know about the harness height as well. Thanks. :)

By the way, I totally forgot to mention in the previous post, your kids look great! Super cute. :)

Mommy090804

Your kids are super cute!!!!!!!!!!!! Your almost four year old is much taller than my almost four year old!

The Multi-Tech looks like a very nice seat. The head wings look nice - not too constricting. Please forgive my lack of education in respect to non-Canadian and US seats...but the straps look really interesting. They look thicker and are made of a different fabric. Am I correct to assume that those are the actual straps and not strap covers? I would think that there would be a definite advantage safety-wise to have wider straps to distribute the crash forces more evenly over the child's torso.

Off to do a bit of a search and some research on international seats including the Multi-Tech. Thanks for sharing...

lenats31

Your kids are super cute!!!!!!!!!!!! Your almost four year old is much taller than my almost four year old!

The Multi-Tech looks like a very nice seat. The head wings look nice - not too constricting. Please forgive my lack of education in respect to non-Canadian and US seats...but the straps look really interesting. They look thicker and are made of a different fabric. Am I correct to assume that those are the actual straps and not strap covers? I would think that there would be a definite advantage safety-wise to have wider straps to distribute the crash forces more evenly over the child's torso.

Off to do a bit of a search and some research on international seats including the Multi-Tech. Thanks for sharing...

Hi everyone, and thanks for your nice comments on my children. I think that every child has something adorable about them:)

Mommy090804: They are in fact strap covers. BUT they can´t slide. So,

I don´t have to adjust them every time I put Mathias in the seat. I always pull the harness to make it easier for us to strap Mathias when boarding him. The strap covers stay put

He hides the actual straps with his burp cloth. The strap covers are a bit narrower underneath than on top - but still wider than just the harness straps. I can´t take a photo of them tomorrow and post them. So you can see what they look like from underneath. They sort off grab the child´s clothing.

Marts2008009.jpg

Lena

HEVY

Great pics, cutes babies :)
I wonder baout the straps, the fact that they are so wide looks like it really stays in place, but how are they in an accident? Do they hold like a chest clip?

Mama!

Chest clips don't hold anyway. They are pre crash positioners that are designed to break open or slide down in a crash. They are there to hold the straps sortof in place.

And here in the good ole US of A, most people let their kids ride around in floppy loose harness straps anyway :thumbsdown:

scatterbunny

The chest clip is only a pre-crash positioner, there just to keep the straps in proper position before a crash occurs. A chest clip will slide down or break open in a crash, so they aren't really necessary as long as straps are adjusted properly to begin with. :thumbsup:

The seats look great, and the kiddos are adorable. :p My dd was big like your girl in the Regent, too.

HEVY

Uhmm, LOL

That was my argument with Britax (previous thread) and they say it's mandatory and is NOT meant to break away. Not being argumentive just saying. I feel more comforatble with the chest clip but that's only because it's what I'm used to, but lie the idea of not chest clip and bigger straps.

perltea

lenats31: Can you take a picture of your DD in the Multi-Tech (rear-facing)?
I'd like to see how a 4-year old fits (esp legroom). Thanks!

lenats31

what are the RFing/FF/booster limits on the multi-tech?

It´s 55 lbs/25 kg for both directions. The lower weight limit is 20 lbs/9 kg.

Mathias is app 32" tall. He still has room to grow in the bottom harness slot.

The restraint back meassures 62 cm from center of seat to center top of the head support in the highest slot inside meassurement. The harness and head support height adjustment system is the same as that on the Frontier.

Lena

CRS

Senior Community Member
Gosh I HATE it when you post Lena! Every time I see pictures of your beautiful Multi-Tech I get so jealous! hehehehe I'd love to get my hands on one! I did enquire but was quoted 3.495 NOK and of course that doesn't include shipping :( That's like $875 in my own country and $680 in the US. ouchies :(

Mommy090804

Thank you, Lena, for taking the time to post the picture of the underside of the harness strap. The more pictures I see of the seat, the more I love it as well. The fact that it has SIP and a 55lb RFing and FFing limit is spectacular. Gee, I wish I was describing a new seat that is going to be available in Canada.

I'd definitely be willing to spend the money for a seat like that if it was available in Canada. And I thought the Marathon was a nice seat compared to some of the other seats that we have here...:shrug-shoulders:

lenats31

I totally want that Britax Multi-Tech seat. What a cool seat and cool colors for it too!!! Love it, Love it, Love it. :love::love:

If you choose to go ahead with this. Then you just may have your luck buying from this Swedish online store

http://www.bonti.se

There is another seat to consider, which is the Britax Two-Way Plus (TWE in Norway)

This one and the MT are the tallest rearfacing seats.

Email the store and ask if they will send you a car seat.

If you decide on the BTP/TWE then you have to email Britax in Sweden and ask them for a user guide in English.

The MT user guide is written in several langauges incl. English

Go to Britax Sweden from the Britax main web site www.britax.com

Lena

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC