Australian boosters

ADS

crunchierthanthou

Yeah, the anti-submarine clip would be nice for kids who are booster age/size. There was one US seat that was rumored to be coming out with that addition (Britax Starriser Comfy), but it was discontinued before that ever happened.

HEVY

I hesitate to bring this up cause I'm not sure what to do and there are others involved. My Regent in my dh car is giving me trouble, as some might remember I had to reinstall it. Problem is the belt is one that has to lay flat to lock and it's been loosening on it's own. I have to keep reinstalling and it's getting to be a bit much for me. It won't work on the outboards at all. In the middle I can get a decent install, not great, but now it's just giving me a real hard time, so I'm at a point where I have to figure out what to do. I am going to the store to see if they will be patient with me so I can try to install other seats. But being my dd will not be in dh car as often as before I would consider a booster with harness but am not comfortable without a anit-submarine clip.
To add to all this the cover keeps coming off, there's velcro on the top but it doesn't stick. I'm sure they will replace it but thinking about another install is really discouraging.
I think about all everyone went through to get this seat and I feel bad, and it pisses me off to be going through this.
So I was just wondering IF it came down to replacement if it would be OK.

Too bad it's not a pre advisory, it might work LBP.

CRS

Senior Community Member
It's illegal to use it there. Besides, it only goes up to 57ish pounds.

myliljunebugs

didn't they say it is parental decision to use the old install methods with the new Regents? I would be a lot more likely to install the Regent LBP than to order that. JMO and I'm not a tech :)

HEVY

It's recommeded to use the new install with old regents, parental discretion is for the old install method. And wow a booster that only goes to 57lbs? At that point are they then switched to a regular seatbelt?
Maybe there will be another seat that may fit, though with this belt I doubt it.
Uhggggg, why can't one of you good techs live over here?

myliljunebugs

sorry, guess i was wrong. :( i don't know if it is allowed but can you use a locking clip? That way you don't have to worry about whether the seatbelt locks? Just a thought.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
Yes, it's permissable to use a locking clip with a Regent. Though I wonder if flipping the latchplate would do the trick?

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Problem is the belt is one that has to lay flat to lock and it's been loosening on it's own.

Lap-only belt :confused: Simple fix: twist the belt 1/2 turn at the seat bight/crack so that the buckle plate lies upside down at the other end ... this will keep the straps parallel & prevent the bar in the plate to loosen (this is a last resort option, especially if the stalk is also twisted, but otherwise a very easy & reliable solution)

Last edited:

HEVY

Can't use the locking clip on the lap belt, flipping the latchplate, how would I do that? Have it so it's kinda upside down? I don't think I could tighten it that way. Can't turn the belt stalk, it's not long enough.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
Can't use the locking clip on the lap belt, flipping the latchplate, how would I do that? Have it so it's kinda upside down? I don't think I could tighten it that way. Can't turn the belt stalk, it's not long enough.

Tighten it, then unbuckle it and turn the latchplate upside down, then rebuckle. :thumbsup:

(Sorry, when I answered the other person's question about a locking clip being permissible with a Regent, I didn't realize you were using a lapbelt.)

HEVY

LOL, we posted same time. I will try that, easier than trying to "fit" new seats cause I REALLY don't want to do that again. I love my Regents and would only consider not using it if the Frontier is all it says to be. But by the time I get to see that IP it may be a long time. So this needs to work.
Thanks for all replies :)

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Flip the latchplate. Problem solved ;)

Like the PP said, tighten the belt, unbuckle, flip and buckle.

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
Hevy, I have to flip the latchplate in my Astro to get it stay when I install the Radian there. It's a little different, but it should solve your problem.

First you get it as tight as possible - just install it like you usually do. Then you stick your knee(s) on the carseat to keep it compressed, unbuckle the seat belt, and then flip the latchplate over, so it's "upside-down." Then you re-buckle it - and that's the tricky part! It's going to be really tight and you might think it won't reach. Just line up the latchplate and buckle as much as you can, then PUSH that carseat!

When I do it, it looks like this: PUUUUUUSH! Bounce! Push again! Swear! (The swearing helps, I'm sure of it!) *click* Ahhh.... :thumbsup:

USmominOz

The seat also has a top tether.. I live in Au but I have my seats shipped over from the US.

They have talked about changing the laws here. But the boosters will only go to 75 lbs.

Most kids ride in nothing by the time they are 4. In Qld we have no laws after they turn 1, it is only recommended that they use a seat.

I am coming home for x-mas and I am already planning on what new seat I will get ds:D.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC