Got my Galaxy Nautilus!

tjham

My BRU finally got them in, just in time for me to use my 15% off coupon on April 24th. Whew! I went to get it even though I hurt my back and had to have someone bring it out to the car for me. :rolleyes:
It sat in my car until today when I cautiously pushed it into the house. Putting it together was a pain (literally! heehee) but not too hard. I heard they were starting to attach the armrests at the factory but mine were detached. They went together pretty easily though.

My date was 2008-0211. I was surprised it was *that* old since they seem to be selling so fast. But it does have "Do Not Use after December 2014!" so that's over 6 1/2 years! I'm got it for my almost 7 yr old granddaughter but I have an almost 3 yr old grandson it can be used for later.

I sat down and read the manual first.
It seems pretty straightforward, except it said to attach 4 elastic straps on the bottom where there was only one and it was already attached. :confused:

Will they be sending out a new manual (or insert pages) about the Latch in booster mode info?

I liked the pad, too bad it's not supposed to be used after the bottom harness slots. That's pretty silly. Why did they bother to put two crotch position holes in it? :rolleyes:

The belly pad is neat, the way it wraps around the crotch strap.

I set it up on the top harness slot for my granddaughter. She is on the top slot in the MA and Radian so I'm sure that's what she will need.

Can't wait to try her in it! :D

Last edited:
ADS

Qarin

You may be surprised to find that your GDD can be on the next slots down from the top, maybe.

We love our Nautilus, and I agree about the seat insert! My kids don't care for the belly pad or the harness pads, on any seat they've ever used. I'm not really sure why, since it seems like other kids love the strap covers and stuff.

mamabear

I just bought 2 at BRU day before yesterday and the DOM was 3/11/2008 and the armrests came attached. All I had to do was sit the back up and snap the headrest on.

Mine are going back though. Didn't work out for us.
hope your GD enjoys it. It has the potential to be a really nice seat!

melrn

I just bought one today at a Fred Meyer- it had a DOM of 1/31/08.

I had a hard time trying to figure out what the "attach the 4 elastic straps on the bottom" thing was, too! Turns out, there's one on each side of the seat attaching the cover to a thing under the seat itself (by the red belt guides). There's another elastic loop that comes from the cover where the seat meets the bottom of the seat back (behind where the harness comes out of the base of the seat) and it hooks onto a little eyelet hook on the cover where the bottom of the armrest meets the red belt guide. I hope that made sense. All of this lack of sleep due to being up all night, every night researching what seat to buy on this very addictive site is taking it's toll! Worth it, though!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC