Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    RMMama

How to fit 3 seats in a sedan?

How can I fit three seats safely in a sedan (honday accord, 2 boosters and one infant seat)? The problem I am having is that the two boosters tilt to the side when I move them all the way to the edge of the seat because the seat is slightly elevated on the sides. I read that you cannot use foam noodles to correct this with a forward facing seat. However, I cannot fit an infant seat in the middle without moving the toddler seats to the side. I cannot buy a new car - what to do????

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member Laurette's Avatar

Re: How to fit 3 seats in a sedan?

What vehicle do you have? And what are the ages of the children using the boosters? Also what boosters?

There are so many different boosters out there, maybe a different booster would work better, perhaps one that is narrower? I am not an expert on boosters so I will let someone else give advice there
    Former CPST/Mommy to
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j82/nlgm2006/IMG_0508-1.jpg
    adding a new seat to my Mazda5 in June!

It's absolutely possible - although perhaps not with the seats you currently have. What seats do you have and what are the ages & weights of your children?
    Rebekah Branch, CPST from May 2005 until June 2011
    Mom to CJ (7/96, seatbelt), Gregory (4/98, seatbelt), & Joyjoy (10/03, misc. booster seats)
    "That which you create in beauty and goodness and truth lives on."
    - Denis Waitley

Also, if your boostered children are small enough for the larger harnessed seats, they might be easier to use than boosters in your 3 across situation.
    Liz
    Mom to:
    Rachael (11/03), Emily (8/06), and Naomi (1/09)