Anyone have a Frontier AND a Regent?

essnce629

If so, do they both hang off the seat egde in harness mode? If yes, does one hang over the seat edge more than the other? When installed, what is the dept from the vehicle seat's back to the edge of the Frontier and Regent?

The main reason I was looking to get the Frontier instead of another Regent for my boyfriend's car was because the Regent hung off the seat edge too much (probably 3-4 inches) leaving our son no leg room (when installed in the center). If the Frontier hangs off the same amount in harness mode then it wouldn't solve our problem and I would probably be better off searching for a pre-advisory Regent so that I could use it without the recline bar.

Soooo confusing!

ADS

Lys

Senior Community Member
I have both.
The Frontier doesn't hang off the edge as much as the Regent. Especially now that I can use the LBP. For some reason that makes the Frontier sit back farther on the seat.

mom23boys

I had the frontier and it did hang off the edge a bit. However, I never installed it using the LBP! The regent arrived today and installed it's about the same as what the frontier was, but remember I never tried LBP! The regent certainly will allow for more harnessing! I didn't get the preadvisory one and I am not sure what I am going to do! I didn't have much luck finding one. Albee beby has a 2006 listed and I called to see if it was an early or late 2006 and they never called me back with an answer and I called 3 times! I was scared to order as I was not impressed with their CS! THey also wanted 239.00 for a 2.5 year old seat! They said their price was non-negotiable no matter how old the seat! I ordered and got one shipped and no tax for 219.00
My son has very little leg room, so I still am in a bind! I need to not use the recline bar, but even if that were acceptable you can't get a tight install SBP without it! I don't even know if a pre-advisory one would have been better if I still had to use the SBP! I haven't tries LBP as he is 50 lbs! ANyone know if a pre-advisory one can be used with no recline bar and LBP with tether?? I can use tether in any installation!

essnce629

I have both.
The Frontier doesn't hang off the edge as much as the Regent. Especially now that I can use the LBP. For some reason that makes the Frontier sit back farther on the seat.

Ok, that's good to know. Has your son shown a preference for either seat since you have both? My son really likes the Regent and I'm hoping he would like the Frontier too. Does your son find the Frontier as comfortable as the Regent? Is the seat depth ok for him in the Frontier? I'm pretty sure the numbers come out that the Frontier is deeper than the Regent, but for some reason in all the pics it looks more shallow.:confused:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC