Anyone try the Frontier in booster mode yet?

essnce629

Now that the installation issues seem to be solved I guess the Frontier is back on my list. But now I've read a few things concerning it in booster mode.

I've only seen pictures of Tyler in it in booster mode and he didn't fit in it right? Wasn't it too narrow in the shoulder area? Also, has anyone compared it side by side to any of the other most popular boosters out there-- Turbo, Parkway, Monteray, Monarch? How does it compare? As in shoulder belt guide height, seat dept, etc? Also, how does it compare to the Nautilus in booster mode?

I also read somewhere that someone said the lap belt portion wouldn't stay positioned low on the thighs/hips in booster mode and that it would probably ride up the abdomen in a crash. That didn't sound good! Something about the armrests not keeping the seatbelt low enough.

I also read that someone had a lot of trouble accessing the seatbelt to buckle it in booster mode and that their child wouldn't be able to do it themselves?

If I buy the Frontier I want to be able to use it both in harness mode and in booster mode for quite a while (DS is 4 1/2). If it doesn't seem to be a very good booster, then I'll probably have to find a way to make another Regent work in my boyfriend's car and then just buy a dedicated booster later. Although I REALLY wanted the Frontier to be able to take in on a plane!

Does anyone have any pictures of it in booster mode (especially with an older child) or next to other boosters for comparison?

ADS

LCMOM

Senior Community Member
Tyler has been in a Turbo, Monterey, Parkway, Nautilus, and Monarch. He had VERY little room and was too squished in the shoulders in both Monarch and Parkway, was squished and not enough height in the Nautilus, as well as problems with seat depth. He was in the Frontier at Lifesavers (the pics you saw), and was better but still too tight; it was NOT in full booster mode i.e. was not at top height because the Britax rep didn't want to unscrew part of it to put it to full booster mode / full height. He is fine in a Turbo, and we LOVE the Monterey; he is comfy in it and plenty of shoulder and growth room. I also like how it holds the lap belt nice and low and snug. If you are looking to get a long term booster I would go Monterey. Just my opinion, and it does depend on the kid.....

izzyh4

I love it as a booster and get a rock solid install. DS looks so comfy in it 6 1/2, 47 pounds and I can never remember how tall probably 47 inches, but it is just too wide in my volvo, he totally can not buckle it, and I have a really hard time doing it too. I am about to try it LBP again with DH and if I can get it buckled in in harness mode I might keep it for DS (and DH if I can get him out of the Monterey which he LOVES)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC