Anyone use a R80 in an Odyssey?

1Sept3Dec

Senior Community Member
A good friend of mine is looking into reharnessing her 4yo dd and is contemplating the R80. Her dd is approx. 40" and 38lbs (don't know torso height) and the seat would be used ff in a second row captains chair. She also does daycare, so may occasionally need to use the seat rf as well. Anyone have experience with this seat and this vehicle? I know the R80 has had install issues in some cars, so I thought I check it out before she ordered.

Oh, and I'm SOOOO happy that she is going to move her dd back to a 5pt - I've corrupted her, lol! :whistle:

TIA!

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
:thumbsup:
I've used mine RF and FF in my 2003 Ody with no problems (the trick is to recline the vehicle seatback, then install the seat, then pull the seatback back up to get it really tight).
(Oh, and in most cases the RN 65 is more than adequate, most kids outgrow it by at most 50 pounds, and the top slots are the same height...unless she has a compelling need for infant padding or one of the cover options of the 80, then the 65 is much cheaper and is really just as nice, quality wise)

:)

1Sept3Dec

Senior Community Member
Thank you! I will pass along the install tip to her. I told her the same thing about the 65, but she really likes the princess pattern. I've been known to say the same thing about my pink seats... lol! I think the 80 is probably a good option for her though, not only b/c of the pattern, ;) but b/c it gives her a lot of versatility with her daycare kids, kwim?

So glad to hear you got a good install - now I get to play with the 80 IRL when it comes - yay!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC