Infant Seats

carseatfreak

I have been asked by my cousin to pick out the carseat for her new baby due in July (they consider me the carseat freak... :) ). This is baby number two but her son is 5 so she wants to update (thank goodness!). So...from what I find Graco Snugride and Baby Trend Flexloc are very good, safe seats. What are your thoughts on these? Any reasons why you haven't been happy with one or the other...are there some I'm missing that you would recommend?

Thanks!

Amanda
Mommy to Grace
4 y/o, 35 lbs, FF in Marathon

ADS

BW1426

I have a difficult time recommending an infant seat without the higher limits. I would strongly encourage you to consider either a Graco Safe Seat 1 or Chicco Key Fit 30. If you do recommend a lower weight limit seat I would go with a snugride that has a front adjuster, but I would look at the Safe Seat or Key Fit first.

mominabigtruck

Both the babytrend and the snugride and very nice. If you do go for a snugride just make sure its a front adjust and has the eps foam, I'm pretty sure all the new babytrends are front adjust.

The safeseat is a very nice seat also, it holds kids up to 30lbs and has a built in locking clip on the base which makes installation way easier. They do tend to run a bit more then the other seats but they have so many patterns you can always find them on sale or clearance somewhere.

cpsaddict

Either of those seats would be very nice, but of the two, I would choose the Graco. Reason being? You can leave the handle UP in the car. The BT requires it be down. The higher weight infant seats are nice, too, but for me personally, I would be fine with a 22lb limit seat, such as the Snugride or Flex Loc. I am going to a convertible sooner, rather than later. That said, the Snugride can be a bear to install with locking shoulder belts. I would choose the Safeseat for the simple fact that it has a built in lockoff on the base. Genius, I tell ya! I installed it in less than five minutes in a 1994 Ford Explorer. So, long story short, Graco. If you go with a Snugride, make sure it's one that adjusts from the front.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC