Frontier VS. True Fit

Shanora

So these are to be the 2 new seats coming to Canada, and I'm torn between the 2 of them.......I'd love to have a seat (frontier) that Ds could use right up until he's out of a booster, but I'm also thinking that we are currently trying for another child, and a true fit could possibly be passed down to the new baby (plan on buying a Safeseat) once DS out grows it (they are only rated to 65 pounds here), and then I could buy him a booster than.

*sigh* Price really doesn't matter, I'm willing to pay out the money for it (True fit is about $199, and the Frontier I think it $299), but I don't know which one I should get.

Liam is currently 30 pounds (with boots and coat on, and our limit in RF in Canada is 30 pounds), 13.5 inches (bum to shoulders), and 36 1/4 inches tall.

So, tell me, which one should I get?? I have yet to actually see or play with either......*sigh*

Oh if it helps I have an 03 Ford Windstar with Capitan Chairs....

ADS

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Your best bet is to wait until it's getting close to time to buy the new seat and see exactly what's available then. If at all possible, you should try the seat you want in your vehicle with your child before you make the purchase (or buy from a store with an excellent return policy). There's no telling how long it will take for either of these seats to hit shelves up north. It's also possible one or more other seats will be released before your child has outgrown his current seat.

I know it's temting to try to plan out all the details RIGHT NOW (BTDT), but I really recommend just keeping your eyes open and "wait and see". :)

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
One other point of consideration, is that we don't yet know for sure what the weight limits will be on the True Fit for Canada.

Specifically the rf'ing weight limit - it is up to manufacturers to set the weight limit that meets CMVSS standards, and there is nothing preventing them from labelling to 35lbs if it meets the required standards.

I know TRU is known for getting things wrong, and that could be the case in this instance as well, but the baby catalog has it at a 35lb rf'ing weight. I'm hoping to see it in store by the end of May based on online release dates, so here's hoping. (All the other seats have correct weight limits, so it would be awesome if this one is correct as well. :thumbsup: )

Shanora

I guess its a game of wait and see.....I"m used to playing that game...lol.

I do like the idea of trying it before you buy it.....I plan on doing that....

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC