Parkway (plus ? about Tiffany pattern) vs. Turbo Booster

U

Unregistered

Hi!

I had a Bodyguard before and really liked it for the head and side support. However, the lockoffs weren't convenient. The shoulder belt guides didn't seem to work well given the anchor location of our shoulder belt--it would the shoulder belt kept coming out as the kids were getting in/out of the booster causing some difficulty buckling up. I found the Bodyguard a new home and just went with the highback TurboBooster which I like overall really well. The added bonus is that the back can be removed when not needed.

I need another highback booster now for occasional use for an older child and full-time later for a child that will just be moved into one (thus why I am leaning toward the more wrap around Parkway).

Now I see that Britax has a Parkway. I like the fact there are no "arms" with this booster. I would think that would make it easy for a child to buckle himself/herself in. Am I right? Wouldn't this also be great for those three across situations too?

Shoulder belt guides. First read this: http://www.carseat.org/Technical/tech_update.htm#shoulderguide . Since I don't have to use the shoulder belt guides, can I remove them? Otherwise, they can interfere (based on experience with BG) with the shoulder belt. I wish they had the closed loop-sytle option redesigned without the "catch" that was snagging people's belts. The guides would work better for us if they were over the shoulder instead of attached to the headrest and angled in as much.

I really like the Tiffany pattern. It seems like some of these patterns are only available about 6 months. Am I wise to buy now in order to have it?

Do any of you have older children riding in this really girly Tiffany pattern? I think it would be great for the younger child later, but not sure how the older one will like it.

Are these well-padded?

I realize the cupholders may not be as deep as needed, but our Graco ones work great for the most part. These seem similar.

Any other comments?

ADS

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I assume that you should never remove any built-in part of a child safety restraint, even one that isn't mandatory to use, unless the manufacturer writes in the user manual that removing it is safe :eek: We always use the belt loop guides & I also lock our ALR belts at the retractor so my kids can't wiggle around (read your vehicle manual to find out if you have locking belts) - even with the belts locked, the belt guides have never posed a problem or hassle, etc. getting in & out.

Cup holders aren't that important to us - we've never used them, actually ... the big thing I like about the Parkway is that it has deep wings with EPS foam; is very comfy; the lack of armrests allows it to fit well between other carseats buckles easily, kids can buckle in easily without help, fits both small & big kids really well! :)

I haven't seen the Tiffany fabric yet, but that's my name so I like it already, LOL :p

Kellyr2

Have you seen the Parkway somewhere in the Tiffany print? The Britax site doesn't show that as being offered.
I don't know anything official about the belt guide questions, but I also wouldn't remove anything unless the manufacturer specifically said it was okay.

U

Unregistered

I have the Tiffany PW and it is beautiful! I'd would definately recommend the pattern several online retailers have them now. There has been studies suggesting that kids ages 4-8 fair better in a side impact crash in a HB vs LB booster so we use the PW vs the LB we have for daily use.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Oh, I finally saw it! I'm not a pinky gal myself, but I just know my daughter would LOVE it ... I'm imaging the Regent in Blue Bouquet with Tiffany Parkway :rolleyes: My girls would be in fancy seat heaven :p However, I'm going to settle on our Bubble Fun Parkway with the Black Retro Two Way Plus/Elite (a similar sort of bubbly look to it) - it's more boyish, but maybe eventually I could get the Blue Bouquet & Tiffany covers to replace our current PW & Husky covers (maybe as incentive for kiddo to use a carseat in a few years when her friends aren't anymore!) :eek:

U

Unregistered

Tiffany Parkway in stock at Albee Baby

Albee Baby: http://www.albeebaby.com/

Here is the direct link to the seat: http://www.specialtybaby.com/brpaboseinti.html

The seat is $99.99. Shipping is free if your order is $100 or more. I think, but am not sure, that it is $4.95 if you don't order anything else. You may want to browse their site as they have some inexpensive items that you may need anyway that would put the order over $100 and like getting that item free :).

They shipped my order fast!

It will pull up at some other stores when doing a search, but many places are already sold out.

CathyandBrandon

thanks. she's got the BG but also when the time comes for him to be out of his harness in the Graco Ultra I may end up putting him in the BG which will only be occasionally if he goes with dad or my mom.

W

websnail

Pictures of Tiffany Parkway

Here a picture of the Parkway in Tiffany and a closeup of the fabric.

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC