New Official Information on Britax Frontier Installations

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Fresh off the presses. This is an official document from Britax in pdf format. This information will very soon (if not already) be reproduced, in some form, on the Britax USA website. Customer service representatives will be trained with it as well.

Please note that the long belt path option is only for lap/shoulder belts. It may not be used for lap ONLY seatbelt systems.

Attachments

• FRO_IS04_24.pdf
    1,021.8 KB · Views: 166
ADS

Lys

Senior Community Member
Yippee! I was just going to post this!
I got a rock solid LBP install in my Pilot today after a Tech from Britax called me yesterday to let me know they would be posting this information!

crunchierthanthou

that's great news. Although, we're back to a SBP, LBP situation. :rolleyes: at least they designed so it's an option, unlike the Radian.

If your vehicle seat-back can be reclined, recline during installation.
Return the vehicle seat back to the upright position when child seat is secure.
* This may assist in achieving a secure installation while requiring less force during installation.

Have they been hanging out here again? ;)

scatterbunny

LOL--I think so! That's the first time I've ever seen the "recline the seat back" trick mentioned by a manufacturer. :p

I'm at least happy that there is no need to switch from long belt path to short belt path at a certain weight, so it eliminates some confusion, and it's optional to use either belt path, not a one-or-the-other depending on child's weight kind of thing.

Lys

Senior Community Member
LOL--I think so! That's the first time I've ever seen the "recline the seat back" trick mentioned by a manufacturer. :p

I'm at least happy that there is no need to switch from long belt path to short belt path at a certain weight, so it eliminates some confusion, and it's optional to use either belt path, not a one-or-the-other depending on child's weight kind of thing.

:yeahthat::cool!::thumbsup:

Shanora

aww...see this is no good....LOL....Now I'm back to deciding between the Frontier and the True Fit again.....lol.

But I'm glad they explained a new way to install the seat to get a better install :thumbsup:

crunchierthanthou

that's true- it's like go back to pre-advisory days for the Regent without having to worry about the recline bar. Although, the LBP for l/s belt only might cause a little confusion or make some users unhappy.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
that's great news. Although, we're back to a SBP, LBP situation. :rolleyes: at least they designed so it's an option, unlike the Radian.

Have they been hanging out here again? ;)

Many manufacturer representatives lurk here;-) Some post from time to time, but quickly become wiser when they get the onslaught of complaints...

I think it is quite likely that Car-Seat.Org played at least a small part in the quick response from Britax. It is great that Britax responded so quickly to legitimate customer and advocate concerns.

I know the long belt path was considered throughout design and development, so it wasn't a last second fix. Apparently, it was omitted closer to product release in an effort to avoid confusion in the instructions.

VLsMom

SBP is just like any car seat's installation using the lap/shoulder belt routing through the same path, right? LBP confuses me!! I don't understand it even after reading those instructions. A video clip of this type of LBP installation would be helpful to me. Does anybody know of one? Or could make one?

Lys

Senior Community Member
SBP is just like any car seat's installation using the lap/shoulder belt routing through the same path, right? LBP confuses me!! I don't understand it even after reading those instructions. A video clip of this type of LBP installation would be helpful to me. Does anybody know of one? Or could make one?

Hmmm I never thought about making a video.
Looks like it's already been done. LOL
I was posting aat the same time

TXDani

Senior Community Member
I am so happy about this and am now more willing to buy the Frontier on-line instead of waiting for my local store to get one in.
This does make me feel bad for all the parents who already returned their Frontiers thinking they wouldn't work in their vehicle.

VLsMom

So, I guess my next question is: Does this mean it has to be installed underneath the cover? I noticed in that video clip the cover wasn't on the Regent yet. Would it work very similarly to the Frontier?

Lys

Senior Community Member
So, I guess my next question is: Does this mean it has to be installed underneath the cover? I noticed in that video clip the cover wasn't on the Regent yet. Would it work very similarly to the Frontier?

Yes, Like this:
On the left side the lap belt will be routed under the armrest. Notice where th shoulder belt is routed.
Frontier001.jpg

Frontier004.jpg

On the Right side, you will see both belts under the armrest.
Frontier003.jpg

Frontier005.jpg

VLsMom

Lysandra - thank you for the pictures!! So I see the cover doesn't have to be taken off - there are slits for the belt path right through it. I'm so excited now!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC