Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

New Official Information on Britax Frontier Installations

Fresh off the presses. This is an official document from Britax in pdf format. This information will very soon (if not already) be reproduced, in some form, on the Britax USA website. Customer service representatives will be trained with it as well.

Please note that the long belt path option is only for lap/shoulder belts. It may not be used for lap ONLY seatbelt systems.
    Attached Files Attached Files

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: New Official Information on Britax Frontier Installations

Yippee! I was just going to post this!
    I got a rock solid LBP install in my Pilot today after a Tech from Britax called me yesterday to let me know they would be posting this information!
    Lysandra
    CPST, LLLL and SAHM
    Mia 13, Ian 10, Clek Olli x2, TB and BubbleBum

Senior Community Member scatterbunny's Avatar

Great news. I long belt path, it has always resulted in rock-solid installs for me.
    ~Jenny

"When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people." ~Abraham Joshua Hesche

Here is the official link:

http://www.britaxusa.com/documents/F...lationTips.pdf

The attachment above will be removed within a day or so, but will remain until then just in case it happens to download faster from here than the Britax website.

CPS Technician crunchierthanthou's Avatar

that's great news. Although, we're back to a SBP, LBP situation. at least they designed so it's an option, unlike the Radian.

If your vehicle seat-back can be reclined, recline during installation.
    Return the vehicle seat back to the upright position when child seat is secure.
    * This may assist in achieving a secure installation while requiring less force during installation.
    Have they been hanging out here again?

Quote Originally Posted by scatterbunny View Post
    Great news. I long belt path, it has always resulted in rock-solid installs for me.
    Me too! I'm very excited!
    I'll post some new pics shortly.
    Lysandra
    CPST, LLLL and SAHM

LOL--I think so! That's the first time I've ever seen the "recline the seat back" trick mentioned by a manufacturer.

I'm at least happy that there is no need to switch from long belt path to short belt path at a certain weight, so it eliminates some confusion, and it's optional to use either belt path, not a one-or-the-other depending on child's weight kind of thing.
    ~Jenny

"When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people." ~Abraham Joshua Hesche

LOL--I think so! That's the first time I've ever seen the "recline the seat back" trick mentioned by a manufacturer.

I'm at least happy that there is no need to switch from long belt path to short belt path at a certain weight, so it eliminates some confusion, and it's optional to use either belt path, not a one-or-the-other depending on child's weight kind of thing.
    Lysandra
    CPST, LLLL and SAHM

aww...see this is no good....LOL....Now I'm back to deciding between the Frontier and the True Fit again.....lol.

But I'm glad they explained a new way to install the seat to get a better install

CPS Technician crunchierthanthou's Avatar

that's true- it's like go back to pre-advisory days for the Regent without having to worry about the recline bar. Although, the LBP for l/s belt only might cause a little confusion or make some users unhappy.

Quote Originally Posted by crunchierthanthou View Post
    that's great news. Although, we're back to a SBP, LBP situation. at least they designed so it's an option, unlike the Radian.

Have they been hanging out here again?
    Many manufacturer representatives lurk here;-) Some post from time to time, but quickly become wiser when they get the onslaught of complaints...

I think it is quite likely that Car-Seat.Org played at least a small part in the quick response from Britax. It is great that Britax responded so quickly to legitimate customer and advocate concerns.

I know the long belt path was considered throughout design and development, so it wasn't a last second fix. Apparently, it was omitted closer to product release in an effort to avoid confusion in the instructions.

Carseat Crazy

SBP is just like any car seat's installation using the lap/shoulder belt routing through the same path, right? LBP confuses me!! I don't understand it even after reading those instructions. A video clip of this type of LBP installation would be helpful to me. Does anybody know of one? Or could make one?

LBP is confusing/overwhelming at first, but once you do it a few times, it's really cool.

Here's a great installation video put together by Heather (murphydog): http://carseatsite.com/videos.htm#regent%20videos
    ~Jenny

Quote Originally Posted by VLsMom View Post
    SBP is just like any car seat's installation using the lap/shoulder belt routing through the same path, right? LBP confuses me!! I don't understand it even after reading those instructions. A video clip of this type of LBP installation would be helpful to me. Does anybody know of one? Or could make one?
    Hmmm I never thought about making a video.
    Looks like it's already been done. LOL
    I was posting aat the same time
    Lysandra
    CPST, LLLL and SAHM

I am so happy about this and am now more willing to buy the Frontier on-line instead of waiting for my local store to get one in.
    This does make me feel bad for all the parents who already returned their Frontiers thinking they wouldn't work in their vehicle.

Carseat Crazy

LBP is confusing/overwhelming at first, but once you do it a few times, it's really cool.

Here's a great installation video put together by Heather (murphydog): http://carseatsite.com/videos.htm#regent%20videos
    that was extremely helpful!! Thank you for the link!!

Carseat Crazy

So, I guess my next question is: Does this mean it has to be installed underneath the cover? I noticed in that video clip the cover wasn't on the Regent yet. Would it work very similarly to the Frontier?

Quote Originally Posted by VLsMom View Post
    So, I guess my next question is: Does this mean it has to be installed underneath the cover? I noticed in that video clip the cover wasn't on the Regent yet. Would it work very similarly to the Frontier?
    Yes, Like this:
    On the left side the lap belt will be routed under the armrest. Notice where th shoulder belt is routed.

On the Right side, you will see both belts under the armrest.

Lysandra
    CPST, LLLL and SAHM

You are awesome I get it I get it.......I think it is totally going to work now!

Carseat Crazy

Lysandra - thank you for the pictures!! So I see the cover doesn't have to be taken off - there are slits for the belt path right through it. I'm so excited now!