turbo vs monterey vs parkway

ginny4

OK new slideshow: http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a35/lundtv/?action=view&current=4ead7118.pbw

model DS will be 9 end of may, 70lbs & 55.25in with a 19in torso. & for those wondering after a regent if monterey or parkway woudl work i say yes. DS doesn't fit the regent when installed

don't mind the sad face on DS when in turbo & parkway. he was telling me which ones he liked or didn't like. all pics are with the seats all in highest setting

of course th turbo is getting too small hence the reason for a newer seat. DS finds the monterey as the most comfortable. he HATED the wings on the parkway. they angled in WAY too much for him - even when i put them at the correct height, it felt the back was too narrow for him & much prefers a place to put his arms. he can slide his arms to his side in the monterey just fine. the seat depth of parkway too shallow he said he felt like he was falling off the seat.

i remeasured both seats with a 2ft leveler & compressed the seats as much as i could & got VERY similar # to the bottom of the belt guides. i got 20.75in. if parkway was a 1/4in taller that's stretchin it. don't be fooled by the pic of all 3 againstteh wall. the parkway actually sits higher on a base than the monterey.

the monterey is heavier & sturdier feeling than the parkway.

so there you go. hope it helps

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
AWESOME! I love your 'model', he's an adorable little ham, lol. (weren't we just fretting, like, last week that the Turbo was too small? Glad the wait was so short!)

:)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC