I put my 3 year old in a booster

Mommypooh

at Babies R us just to see how it fit. He fits just fine in a Graco Turbo booster. he is 3 but the size of a 2.25-2.5 year old average size. I was amazed that he fit in it. I was almost mad that it fit a child that small.

ADS

scatterbunny

I have pics saved of my dd in the Turbo at 3.5yo, she fit well and actually had to have the headrest up a couple of notches. She was/is large for her age, though, and was about 42 inches and 40 pounds at that time. I understand what you mean about being mad that they fit little kids so well. The Recaro Vivo and Britax Parkway fit small kids well, and I believe the Sunshine Kids Monterey will, as well (I haven't seen a little kid in it, yet, but it looks to adjust nice and low).

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Lol, I have pictures of my then- 26 month ol in a Turbo and I was srurprised at how well she fit in it.

anna023.jpg

4boysmom

someone just posted that Britax (automated website not an actual rep) "reccomended" the monarch for a 30 pound 12 month old with a 12 inch torso I believe.

Mystie81

as far as i know. alot of ppl have real chicken pox parties! Alot of parents prefer their kids to get chicken pox as early as possible and getting it over with. Once you catch it, your safe from it.

skiersnowboarder3

Senior Community Member
as far as i know. alot of ppl have real chicken pox parties! Alot of parents prefer their kids to get chicken pox as early as possible and getting it over with. Once you catch it, your safe from it.

Wow, I mean it makes sense but I had never heard of anyone doing that. How do the groups be sure that the children are still really contagious though? You are most contagious a few days before you even get any spots. And if you don't catch the virus strong enough, then you are more likely to catch it again. At any rate though, if I could control when my child got chicken pox, heck yeah I would at least try.

Mystie81

I have no idea about details lol i just heard of it and have googled it in the past and found many links about it as well! Maybe kids can still catch it when its not as contagious because of their lower immune systems. no idea. Im sure sometimes they don't get it strong enough, but it was probably worth a shot and then they try agaiN LOL

aja

How do the groups be sure that the children are still really contagious though? You are most contagious a few days before you even get any spots.

usually they are looking for other signs of the virus like a week + after they know their kids was exposed, then everyone comes over. also, if you have several kids and one gets spots, and the others have fevers but no spots yet - have a party!

mamabear

Mommypooh- OT but is that chicken pox yahoo group a joke?

NO they are VERY real.
There are a lot of us who would rather our children get natural immunity from having the virus instead of the vaccine.
I am one of them. Wish we had more chicken pox parties around here...........

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
NO they are VERY real.
There are a lot of us who would rather our children get natural immunity from having the virus instead of the vaccine.

We had two this winter. Unfortunately my kids didn't get spots.

elle7715

I had DD try out a booster in Meijer a few weeks ago. I was shocked at how "well" she fit. I considered moving up the headrest. Of course I could have fit two of her skinny butts in the seat and she would have slid all over if we actually used it. BUT it made me realize why some people think a booster for a 3 year old is really OK. If the box says 3 years and 30 lbs, and they seem to be tall enough...well then I see why parents get confused. People tend to look at where the child's head and shoulders are instead of how the belt fits across their hips.
Then there are the folks in Target who bought their 2 year old (who couldn't have been more than 25 lbs) a pink booster. The wife shot down the husbands suggestion to get her a harnessed seat and convinced the daughter it was a "baby seat". :mad: She obviously didn't fit but they saw the box and thought she was "close enough". Makes me want to attack the boxes and plaster "4 years AND 40 lbs" stickers all over.

Last edited:

Heather98012

NO they are VERY real.

I'm 36 & my mom used to send me over to any kids' house who had chicken pox when I was a kid so that I could get them. It never worked & I got a wicked case in jr. high. I'll have to tell my mom though, that she pioneered pox parties! LOL

christineka

I have the peanut child who rides rfing with room to grow. Lately we've had a turbobooster in our livingroom during school time. The kids fight over who gets to sit in a car seat. (We have a cargo in the libing room too.) Anyway, my 3.5 year old dd is way, way too small for the turbobooster.

I was looking at parkways a few days ago and found a website selling them that said they were for babies age 1 and up.

Christine

tiggercat

This is Megan in the Parkway in January (so 2.5 yrs old). She fits quite well at 34lbs, I ought to snap a pic in the car in Greg's pw. I was shocked at how decent the seatbelt positioning was. Not that I'd ever let her ride in one, at least not for another 2 yrs.

172333.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC