Britax product selector- this is new right?....

ADS
U

Unregistered1

I assume it is going off the manual limits, because when you drop any category besides age the monarch goes gray. I'm actually not surprised since finding out that apparently very few seat manufacturers put an *age* limit on boosters.

Definitely seems strange for Britax though, I expect more of them.

emandbri

It has now been a month and they still haven't fixed this! :mad: It makes NO sense that if Elizabeth was 3 lbs heavier it says I could put her in a monarch but not a frontier!

aisraeltax

uh, that PO's me off!! i am going to contact them and i suggest others do the same. for a company such as Britax, i expect A LOT more (may be unrealistic but i do).

emandbri

I know what you mean, I do expect more. I didn't call them about it but saw a britax rep about it when he came to visit a local store. He was very knowledgable and was quite horrified at the idea of a 1 year old in a monarch. I'm sure he told the higher ups about this.

I think we should keep bumping this post up in addition to calling them. We know britax people read the board, hopefully if they keep seeing the thread on the main page it will get their attention! :whistle:

emandbri

Elizabeth now has ONE POUND to go before I can put her in a monarch! She will be 2 in 3 weeks! :whistle: Seriously, I'm starting to get really mad.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
If Britax does move away from boosters in general, as they have said at conferences and in our chat session, then the problem will be fixed;-)

emandbri

If Britax does move away from boosters in general, as they have said at conferences and in our chat session, then the problem will be fixed;-)

Very true, I guess we'll just have to cross our fingers and hope that people don't buy them for 13 months olds until then. :mad:

as much as we all love britax you have to remember they are a comapny....they have to market on the same scale as other companies. it is legal for a 12 month old to be ff and most laws just state a child restraint which a booster seat is. if britax was to say no to there frontier/regent and monarch until 2 or 3 they would lose sales to other comanies from those parents who don't know or don't care enough to buy that convertible seat for the inbetween.
i'm not saying its right nor do i agree with it. i'm :mad: and find it wrong. big :thumbsdown: for britax on this. but it isn't just them

emandbri

The thing is I don't think britax is okay with it. If you called and said you wanted to put a 13 month old in a monarch they would tell you not to do it.

The britax rep I meant flat out said a one year old should not be in a regent and looked shocked when I told him the product selector said it was okay to put a 13 month old in the monarch.

Amaris

If you keep going up with the height it also removes the monarch before the regent, and I really don't think that can be right either. Ds1 outgrew the regent some time ago, but still has growing room in the monarch.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC