Need suggestions on safe car models?

U

Unregistered

thanks, that is good info!

I was definitely going to get the side impact airbags, on all the models I looked at it was only around $1000 more, which means only a few more dollars a month on a payment, which is doable.

I really like the prius right now, but who knows what I'll like tomorrow.

I really don't need anything with a 3rd row of seating as it is just the 2 of us on a day to day basis, with the occasional 3rd and sometimes 4th passenger.

We do 95% of our traveling in a 5 mile radius around our house and the once a month(or less) trip to my sister's(60 miles down a now safer highway with the cement wall in the middle. it use to be refered to as 'death valley' which is why they put so much work into making it safer) and sometimes a 10-15 mile trip to another relative's house.

Where is the site I can go to to look up crash test ratings on each car?

ADS

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
For safety, the Accord hybrid may be a somewhat better choice. In addition to top crash test results, it is also heavier.

NHTSA crash test results and rollover ratings are at www.safercar.gov

IIHS crash test results are at www.iihs.org

A great website that combines all the crash test results, rollover ratings, weight and other factors is at www.informedforlife.org. Their charts for 2004-2006 models are among the best overall vehicle safety ratings anywhere and they can be compared across all vehicle classes. Their charts for models earlier than 2004 are based only on fatality data and are much less useful than the others.

Good luck!

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
As for the Malibu Maxx looking small, it's very roomy on the interior. I had a Plymouth Breeze which is the same as the Chrysler Sebring and the Dogde Stratus. The Malibu Maxx is really very roomy in the back and the fronth. I took some pics when I was installing seats for fun. PM me with your email address and I'll share the pics with you so you can see. The car was a bit junky that day though.

Susan

U

Unregistered

Thanks for the links again. hmm is the accord hybrid out yet? I'll have to check.

The malibu I saw was a regular one, not the maxx. So the maxx is probably roomier. I didn't like it so much online but it may look better in real life. I saw an older malibu today that was larger than the one yesterday, so maybe its all about the year and model.

U

Unregistered

ok I see the accord hybrid on their site, its a bit more than I can spend though. The prius starts at 20,000 and the accord starts at 30,000. Looks like I luxurious car though.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
The Accord hybrid is available. It is pricey and it is designed for performance rather than ultimate fuel economy.

U

Unregistered

you know, they are going to make a malibu hybrid. it's not expected until 2007, but it might be worth waiting for, lol.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC