Another 'who goes where' question..

Tara

WWYD....

Infant in SnugRide (RF, naturally)
2 yo, RA, FF

Middle row of Expedition.

Who best to go outboard?

Once the 2 yr old moves up to a MA and teh baby into an RA, I would lean more heavily to the baby being outboard, RF, as they're better protected, correct? But, obviously, a SnugRide isn't anything like a RA (or FPSE which is another possibility), so...what are your thoughts?

ADS

groovymom2000

Yeah, sometimes you have to take that into account.

My 5 year old and 19 month old really can't sit next to each other---in my case it's my 19 month old who pinches, kicks, spits, etc. :rolleyes: So, it's far safer to keep them both outboard since I don't have to referee.....

Tara

Both outboard not an option...I have 3 kids filling up the rear seat..I keep the other outboard seat folded down to allow easier access for them ;)
I don't want 3 boys trampling OVER my middle seat ya know?
I have the 2 yr old currently sitting by her 4 yr old brother..they do fine. For the most part, my kids do fine next to one another. When the one is an infant, the elder always thinks it's cool that THEY get to sit by the baby :)

skaterbabs

lol your kids are nicer than mine. lol My DD was between her brothers because there was no where else to put her, but my younger son still constantly picks at her. lol And when the boys were little, my then- 2yo loved picking at his little brother. :p (they're 20 mos apart.)

Tara

LOL well, they're not always *dreamy* We do have moments, but that's more with the older ones now. I expect a bit of gruff from the back row..they've all been back there before, they have spurts where they try to harrass one another. But momma don't take no garbage!! LOL (excuse the awful grammar, it just sounded so funny that way LOL)
There's never been an issue of one messing with the baby though. The fussing with one another doesn't start til they're 4, it seems to be our case anyway LOL

Aaaah nothing like a car FULL of kids eh? hehe

skaterbabs

absolutely. lol we had some sibling rivalry issues with my two youngest - there are 5 1/2 yrs between them and ds#2 hasn't adapted well to not being the baby anymore. The older two got along pretty well until CJ turned 4. :p~

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
Is the 2 year old still small enough to rearface? If he was they would both be equally safe if they were both RF outboard, since Rear Facing is the safest.

Susan

Longhorn Lady

If I can remember correctly (Tara, correct me if I'm wrong!), her 2 year old isn't RF anymore because she's too tall to do so in the RA, and she needs her MA for her 4 year old :)

If I were you, I'd probably put the baby in the middle (I'm assuming that you have the outboard seat on the driver's side folded down) because that will give you easier access to snap the Snugride in and out each time. I'm assuming that your 2 year old is pretty good at getting into her RA, and you could just snap the baby in the Snugride, and reach over to buckle your daughter up in her RA.

Just my opinion. They are both so protected anyway in a 5 point harness, that everything else is a bonus :)

Tara

Wow...I'm impressed..you could actually keep up with me and all my yahoos and 'seat dilemmas' hehehe
Yes, that is correct..my 2 yr old is FF due to weight, actually ;) my 4 yo needs the MA

It's the opposite side...the passenger side where the single middle seat is folded down for rear seat access.

Yes the 2 yo gets in her seat quite well. One of the older 2 boys buckle her for me. I don't have to touch a single kid right now LOL I was thinking the baby being outboard would be pretty convenient..no stretching/reaching and the 2 yo could still get in and out of her seat, just as she does now.

Not displeased with my present 'plan' I just thought I'd throw things out there. You know how I am LOL I just have to think of ALL the possibilities..just *cuz* hehe

Longhorn Lady

Okay, than with that in mind, I would definitely put the new baby outboard! Must be so nice to have that extra help buckling carseats, uh ;)

So how much longer until the baby is due? You must be getting excited, uh?

Tara

Oh man, it's wonderful!! Hehehe I don't touch a kid when we load up :) Haven't for quite some time now. It's just loooovely.

This one's ready 'any time now' "Due date" is around the 18th of this month. But I'm *ready* LOL This pregnancy has worn me out Geesh! I'm in the 'ok, let's get this overwith, NOW' mindset ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC