in car crash. 4 & 9 y/o need new seats,

cam&brookes-mom

Hi. I posted a few days ago about my ex-husband wanting to put our 41/2 year old in a booster,

well he(the ex) picked Cameron up from school today so I left the apex for him. My lovely ex-husband got in a wreck this afternoon on the way from school . Cameron and Brooke are both Fine. but ya see my ex doesn’t have car insurance so he got a big fine and might go to jail!
so now I don’t have any carseats or the money to buy any harnessed seat for Cam. Can I put him in a booster till I get the money for a harnessed seat?
I can't use the crashed seat. The seat has stress marks all over.

I can get Brooke a seat for like $14 but for a high back it’s at least $40 at our wal-mart I can do that but not much more

Sorry this is so long.
I’m still freaked out I could have lost both my babies today!.
We just got back from the ER about an hour ago. Brookes asleep but Cams in my lap drinking juice. He won’t let out of his sight for a minute.

Thanks

ADS
WOW! I am glad everyone is ok! Sorry to hear about all of that! YIKES!
Mabey, you could go to the local health department or safe kids or even fire station and explain your situation and see if they have something you can use. I would be ok with putting a 4 1/2 year old in a HBB, you have to if there is no other seat. Target has them on sale for 37.00 right now this week. If not there are some cheap ones evenflo brand?(Not sure if they are recommended) for under 40.00 at walmart.

For your oldest there are the 14.00 backless you were talking about.

Gosh, I am just glad everyone is ok.

BW1426

Target has the Graco Nautilus on sale for $135 this week. The harness goes up to 65 lbs and then turns into a high back booster and a backless booster. I'd do this for Cam and a backless booster for Brooke.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC