Radian chest clip

BW1426

Everyone is saying that SK oked the use of an IMMI clip with the Radian. I talked to Russ a couple weeks ago complaining about the tightening in my seat and asked him if I could switch clips. He told me that he could not tell me it was ok to do that. What is up with SK and their wishy washy responses?!

ADS

chelle80

I hate when they do that.

I switched the clip on my radian because my understanding was the seat was orginally tested with the IMMI clip, and the early pics show it with the IMMI clip.

ProudMomof5

I was just wondering this myself. My DD has a hard time unbuckling her chest clip. I was wanting to switch it out. What is an IMMI clip... and why does it matter so much if you use a different chest clip, as long as it fits on the straps? Isn't it there to just keep the shoulder harnesses in place?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
The inventor of the seat said it didn't matter (the transcript of that is in the community member coffee break area :))

indigoblossom

reviving the topic because what i want to know is how does one go about replacing the chest clip. i just got my radian today and went to switch it out with a britax one and i can't get the darn radian clips off. do you break them off? did they used to be made with wider openings so the harness loop easily slid through? help?

BW1426

reviving the topic because what i want to know is how does one go about replacing the chest clip. i just got my radian today and went to switch it out with a britax one and i can't get the darn radian clips off. do you break them off? did they used to be made with wider openings so the harness loop easily slid through? help?

It took me like a half an hour to slide the darn thing off, but eventually it worked. I was about a minute short of using a hammer to break it off:whistle:

tjham

I just did my second one a few days ago.
It's a pain but the second time was much easier,
since I learned how on the first one.
You have to pull some of the strap through the middle opening of the clip (into a big loop, at least 5 inches) FIRST before you try to pull the end out of the skinny little opening.
Oh, dear, that sounds silly, but it works. And pull it straight up, not tilted. You have to wiggle it back and forth until it finally comes through.

Good Luck!

indigoblossom

I just did my second one a few days ago.
It's a pain but the second time was much easier,
since I learned how on the first one.
You have to pull some of the strap through the middle opening of the clip (into a big loop, at least 5 inches) FIRST before you try to pull the end out of the skinny little opening.
Oh, dear, that sounds silly, but it works. And pull it straight up, not tilted. You have to wiggle it back and forth until it finally comes through.

Good Luck!

no i know what you mean...i've tried that but i can't even seem to get that loop out of between the two openings BUT i think i'll use a nail file to help keep it straight as i pull :)

indigoblossom

It took me like a half an hour to slide the darn thing off, but eventually it worked. I was about a minute short of using a hammer to break it off:whistle:

i was almost at that point but i knew if i could just slide out some excess strap between the two slots it would work...then i saw tjham's comment, went back armed with an orange stick to dig out the strap between the openings and voila! they were out in seconds after that :)

ntepper

Will replacing the chest clip on the Radian help to make the harnass straps sit wider apart? The way it is now my daughter is getting red marks on her neck from the straps. Its seems as though if the clip was wider it would hold the straps apart farther . . . would this IMMI clip do that?
I just posted a new post about this but then saw this one so thought I would ask here as well!

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
Will replacing the chest clip on the Radian help to make the harnass straps sit wider apart? The way it is now my daughter is getting red marks on her neck from the straps. Its seems as though if the clip was wider it would hold the straps apart farther . . . would this IMMI clip do that?
I just posted a new post about this but then saw this one so thought I would ask here as well!

Yep... that's exactly what it does. :)

ntepper

Thank you! So then I just buy a Britax $3 chest clip? I am on the phone with them right now and asked if this was the IMMI chest clip and they said no that IMMI never made chest clips, just buckles. Is he wrong? Will the regular Britax chest clip work for this seat?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yeah, just buy it (I hope you did, unless you're still on hold!)... I'm not sure it's IMMI, but we call it that... it's not Britax-specific (they have the same clip on Combi and IMMI seats and a few others...)... it's just that sort of oval shape with two buttons on top and bottom to release it.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
For those having problems who haven't put the harness pads on yet, putting them on makes the seat much more comfy for kids. My dd complained the first time I put her in the seat before I had the harness pads on and I was worried. She's never made a single complaint since the harness pads have been on though.

I have an IMMI clip sitting in case I decide I want to use it at some point, but haven't had a need to switch it at this point.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC