new aftermarket product

ADS

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
Re: new aftermarket porduct

Eh.

Because it's an aftermarket product, I have to say no, but I can't see how it interferes with installation or use BUT for all we know there is a huge pad or something that gets installed behind the seat to hold those straps in position, and if that's the case, then it's a "absolutely not" item.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Brilliant! Would love to see it in action to make sure it's not clipped to the back of the harness or something, though :)

Synchro246

Hmmmm. Looks decent on the face of it, but I'd want to handle it. I doubt it'd cause damage to the straps. It might even help people keep straps with twisty tendencies(sp?) straight, so it may have safety value too.

crunchierthanthou

eh. I think it would be at least as much work getting the straps into the holders as getting them out from behind your kid or just moving them to the side before the child is in the seat. Although, I may not be the best judge. I don't utilize the velcro on my Britax harness either.

raelynn

Senior Community Member
eh. I think it would be at least as much work getting the straps into the holders as getting them out from behind your kid or just moving them to the side before the child is in the seat. Although, I may not be the best judge. I don't utilize the velcro on my Britax harness either.

I agree!

strollerfreak

Senior Community Member
I actually just reviewed these for an online website last month.

BucklePals.jpg

I used it on Reiker's SS1 and it didn't interfere with anything, but like Crunchier said in a weeks worth of time of them on the seat, I uesd them maybe three times? Oh and I make at least 20 trips with the kids in/out of their seats M-Th, so it's not like I didn't have the opportunity to use them. They were just too fiddly for me to use...and if parents aren't going to take the time to flatten the straps out, you can guarantee they aren't gonna take the time to fiddle with those things.

However, I did NOT like the concept in using them with a typical convertible seat. There is a good possibility that the harness/adjuster strap will get caught on the cord, or the black plastic do-dad to shorten the strap.

It's basically two pieces of flexible metal with nylon webbing, with a nylon cord in between. The hooks are plastic.

jwren

wouldn't it be easier to just buy some velcro (like Britax uses) and mount it in the same places as the Britax seats, I can't imagine how this would be dangerous, velcro is just material with stuff that sticks together..:twocents:

JerseyGirl'sMama

I can't remember who, but somebody posted about this in the community chat about a week ago and I think most people said not to use it because it was an aftermarket product. :confused:

I tired searching, but couldn't find it.

BabyKaykes

It looks ok until you go to the mfg site and see how it's attached.

300_directions_high_res.jpg

Plus it would never get used on my seat. I never loosen the harness so the straps would never reach.

southpawboston

I did too and mine didn't stick. I think that sewing them on would be the only way to make it work but I hated to mess with the straps like that.

hmm... that gives me an idea... :eek:

i wouldn't mind sewing velcro onto the cover, but for the straps, i definitely wouldn't. but what about having a strip of velcro wrapped around the strap (velcroed to itself)?

Synchro246

hmm... that gives me an idea... :eek:

i wouldn't mind sewing velcro onto the cover, but for the straps, i definitely wouldn't. but what about having a strip of velcro wrapped around the strap (velcroed to itself)?

Oh funny, I was thinking about this today. Your solution is better (easier) than what I came up with though. I was thinking of taking those "comfort" pads that are supposed to be at the neck (even though I SWEAR they pinch the neck skin every time I tighten the harness) and putting velcro on them.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Thanks, Mel. It's nice to see a critical analysis so we can think logically about the product, and why it might be handy or might just be a fat waste of money (which is what most 'aftermarket products' are...they aren't 'instant deathtraps that we should block from our minds', they are things we can and should consider the pros and cons of so we can educate parents to let them make their own choices, even if that includes being fools parted from their money :))

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC