I'm Impressed!

Mommy2Marcus

WOW! I emailed two techs last night about getting my seats checked. One is here where I live so I can get the one in my car & my moms car checked. The other is in Alabama not far from where we will be this weekend so I can get the one in DH's car checked as he works nights & I can never get the car away from him to get it checked.

Well I mentioned in BOTH emails that my son was 18 months old, 25lbs, 33 inches tall & that he was still RF. Neither one told me that he should or could be FF. Does this possibly mean they are educated on ERF?

I was also extremely impressed as when I was looking for one near where I will be in Bama, I found that the ENTIRE Fire Departments are Ceritfied. I am impressed!

ADS

Tara

Not to burst your bubble or rain on your parade or otherwise be negative....but....

Alabama FD being 'certified' doesn't hold a whole lot with me. I was in class with a group of 'em. Only a handful actual know their stuff.

But, hopefully...yes, this is a good thing for you. And definitely a plus that no one immediately said your child should/could be ff. That does sound promising. :)

Perhaps that particular area of Alabama is better about ERF than mine.

Beckers

:yeahthat:

I took my seat to the fire department to have it checked and all the man did was shake the seat a little and told me it was fine :eek:

Mommy2Marcus

I am hoping that this area will be better. Just out of curiosity where are you located in Alabama? It will the the Trussville area that I am in. I hope that they know there stuff. What is the point of getting certified if they do not care! Hopefully this guy(s) will know their stuff. If not at least I know better than to let them turn my DS FF right now. I am actually hopeful that it was not emailed back to me that I should turn my DS FF. Cross your fingers & hope it goes well!

jewlsvern

I just saw a tech this weekend and was very pleased that they emphasized ERF. They both were very good and I could tell well educated. They were both with the police dept. I was glad they knew their stuff.

Tara

Well, ya know what...I don't think that's too far from me. I'm still new to the area.
But I'm wanting to think there were a couple Trussville folks in my class earlier this year. The class was only 10min from me.
I'm in the Calera/Alabaster area.

I took my seat to the fire department to have it checked and all the man did was shake the seat a little and told me it was fine

and let's not forget the gal who took hers in and the guy installed her seat using...what was it...2 seat belts and LATCh !?! Oy. (thankfully she knew it was wrong!)

Anywho, I'm available if you're close to my area. PM/email me, whatever.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC