People need to buckle up

mburks26

oh my goodness this makes 3 times I have seen our new neighboor. she has 2 kids ones taller then my dd and ones is shorter. I have watched them 3 times and all times no one is buckled. One was standing up in the back seat one was sitting up front facing mom sitting side ways no boosters nothing she wasnt even buckled. I dont know her at all. When she sees us she rolls her eyes up so I dont know what the heck thats about never have talked to her or nothing. I guess she has seen my dd and her hand is the reason why? im going to print out flyers to stick on her car and if the next time I see them leave they are not buckled cops are going to be called. all it would take is someone to rear end her and those kids would go flying.

ADS

Mommy2Marcus

I would also watch for her to leave & call the cops! It is awful that some people really just do not seem to car that their children are totally unsafe. It seems to me that you would KNOW that an unrestrained child is NOT safe! Come on people...really...are you that stupid??:mad:

houseofboys

I would definitely report her... How horrible would it be if she were to get in a collision? Or even have to make a very sudden stop? :(

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
What gets me is that if I get in a crash with one of these people who so stupidly put their children at risk, and one of these unrestrained children die, I will go to jail for manslaughter. Now I drive very carefully, I hyper aware of other cars around me, and intentionally avoid cars where I see unrestrained people. But I'm human. I do make mistakes. Even when I drive. I've gotten distracted by my kids in the back seat getting into a slapping contest and drifted a little into the other lane. I've gotten unbearable sleepy on the long drive home and not been able to pull over because there was nowhere to pull over for several miles. Granted, if I cause a crash, I should definitely pay the price for my mistake. But I think a manslaughter charge is a bit high of a price to pay for not seeing a stop sign where you don't expect a stop sign to be.

Even if I don't make a mistake, if the other person causes the crash, I could still be charged with manslaughter and put in jail to await bail.I have very personal experience with the truth of this. Last year my uncle (my Grandfather's brother) was crossing an intersection in his Toyota Sienna. A guy on a motorcycle ran the red light going over 100 MPH and crashed into the driver side of my uncle's van. He died instantly. My uncle was arrested at the scene, and spent 3 days in jail (friday after 3, we couldn't bail him out before 5 so he had to stay until monday). He had to hire a lawyer to defend him in court. He was found not guilty, but his driving record will always show that he was investigated in a fatality crash. The motorcyclist didn't have insurance, so my uncle's insurance had to pay for the wrecked van. His rates went up by more than double. He's paying now for somebody else stupidly breaking the law. Actually, the guy was breaking several laws, no insurance, speeding, reckless driving, he was drunk.

If parents want to risk their child's life, fine. I guess that's their right as parents. It's not fair to the child, but there's nothing I can do about that.

But I wish people could understand that it is other people's business when other people will end up paying for their thoughtlessness and stubbornness.

So yes, I think you SHOULD call the cops on this lady. If she's going to willfully ignore the law, the law should slap a big fat fine on her.

Kat_Momof3

ditto what everyone said... and also SHAME on that woman for acting like she does when she sees you, especially if it is because of your daughter's hand.

Looking different for whatever reason is no reason to act like that. Your daughter is BEAUTIFUL, by the way.

Heather98012

I totally agree with the fact that we are all at risk if a fender bender causes a child to be hurt, when not properly restrained!! I feel the same way about pedestrians who are careless around cars....I freak out thinking "what if a person runs out in front of me?" Even the most careful drivers have accidents!

And I would report her ass. She is jepordizing those children & let's face it, we need to be advocates for kids, as they can't defend themselves.

Lastly, I didn't see anything about your daughter's hand. She looks beautiful in her pics. What in the world would cause the neighbor to be so rude (Other than she is just rude!!!)? Your daughter looks lovely!!

mburks26

I totally agree with the fact that we are all at risk if a fender bender causes a child to be hurt, when not properly restrained!! I feel the same way about pedestrians who are careless around cars....I freak out thinking "what if a person runs out in front of me?" Even the most careful drivers have accidents!

And I would report her ass. She is jepordizing those children & let's face it, we need to be advocates for kids, as they can't defend themselves.

Lastly, I didn't see anything about your daughter's hand. She looks beautiful in her pics. What in the world would cause the neighbor to be so rude (Other than she is just rude!!!)? Your daughter looks lovely!!

I dont know if you can tell by the pic with her and the pug but she has no plam or fingers on her right hand. she was born that way. Im about to print flyers and leave them on all cars around here with car seats so she wont feel singled out take down her plate number as well.

Heather98012

Oh.My.Goodness. If that is why she is being so rude, well then....I don't know what to say. That's just the meanest thing I can imagine.

Your girl is perfect & 10 times more beautiful than your hag of a neighbor will ever be!!

Ok, rant over. I'd still report her butt for being so negligent with her children.

HEVY

I wouldn't do it, print any flyers. The way you describe her it will cause major problems, and she is not gonna care. And if you call the police she will know it's you and then you will really have problems.
I would just call the police and leave it at that, some ppl are not receptive.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC