Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

Phil & Ted Users - What Diaper Bag Do You Have?

Hello. I bought a Phil & Teds double sport buggy recently in anticipation of having two under two. I'm wondering what everyone is using for their diaper bag if you have two (or more!) kids in diapers (I use cloth, so please LMK if you think my cloth wouldn't fit in yours). I am having a hard time stuffing my cheapo messenger bag into the storage basket. I'd like to get a Vera Bradly Villager but I don't think it will fit!

I've looked everywhere and nothing seems to be the right shape. I'm about ready to give up and get a JanSport back pack so I can just carry the dang thing!!!

ITA!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Phil & Ted Users - What Diaper Bag Do You Have?

I used a skip hop and hung it off the handles using the clips in newborn/toddler mode. It was great at hiding the baby from the sun/wind.

In toddler/toddler mode, I lengthened the shoulder strap all the way and hung it off the back. The bag fell right behind the toddler jump seat and I rarely (if ever) kicked it when walking (I'm 5'7").

Yes, you can fit cloth in the skip hop. Despite it's smaller looking size, that thing held a ton of stuff.

We also have the pannier bags and I would keep one of those fully stocked as a diaper bag for the those days where I was taking a day trip somewhere (hiking/zoo/amusement park).
    Jen, Former CDN CRS Tech
    DS1 /02, Seatbelt in the driver's seat now!
    DS2 /05, Seatbelt

DS3 /12, Britax Frontier/Parkway SG
    DD1 /15, Rfing Peg PVC

Quote Originally Posted by aidensmom02 View Post
    I used a skip hop and hung it off the handles using the clips in newborn/toddler mode. It was great at hiding the baby from the sun/wind.

In toddler/toddler mode, I lengthened the shoulder strap all the way and hung it off the back. The bag fell right behind the toddler jump seat and I rarely (if ever) kicked it when walking (I'm 5'7").

Yes, you can fit cloth in the skip hop. Despite it's smaller looking size, that thing held a ton of stuff.

We also have the pannier bags and I would keep one of those fully stocked as a diaper bag for the those days where I was taking a day trip somewhere (hiking/zoo/amusement park).
    I'm 5'3''. I am already concerned about kicking the back of that seat, or bending over while pushing it. Could I cinch up the strap and it still hang above DS2's head with the second seat on. Can you get to the inside pockets with it all full of stuff?

I have the bag that hangs on the handle that I plan on putting my important stuff in (zoo pass, money, keys, hand sanitizer), I'll have to look into the side bags too. Thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ChasingPrisms View Post
    I'm 5'3''. I am already concerned about kicking the back of that seat, or bending over while pushing it. Could I cinch up the strap and it still hang above DS2's head with the second seat on. Can you get to the inside pockets with it all full of stuff?

I have the bag that hangs on the handle that I plan on putting my important stuff in (zoo pass, money, keys, hand sanitizer), I'll have to look into the side bags too. Thanks!!!
    My other favourite way of carrying it on sunny days was to cinch it up and let it hang above DS2's head. It would hang from the handle (using the clips) and then rest just on the back of the jump seat... it made a perfect sunshade for ds2.

I actually have the E3V2, not the sport... so you have the adjustable handles and the reclining seat that will make this stroller even easier to use with diaperbags. At 5'3", you shouldn't be kicking or bending over at all.

The side bags hold the world! Seriously, I could put 4 winter jackets in one and then the other would hold diapers/wipes/change of clothes for both boys, and a small lunch kit/cooler for snacks/drinks.

ETA: I never had a problem getting to any of the pockets... they are layed out in the bag really well.
    Jen, Former CDN CRS Tech
    DS1 /02, Seatbelt in the driver's seat now!
    DS2 /05, Seatbelt

DS3 /12, Britax Frontier/Parkway SG
    DD1 /15, Rfing Peg PVC

Thank you sooo much!! I'll have to go see one for myself and hang it on my stroller.

I have a JuJuBe PackaBe and LOVE it! Here's a link to their website: JuJuBe

Mine is either a messenger bag or a backpack. It slides in the basket perfectly or hangs on the handlebar fine.

I'm 5'9" and have no problem striding along with it hanging off the back and the rear seat reclined (okay, when it's reclined I do hold the handle a little farther in front of me). I tend not to have the bag haning when DD is in the rear seat, but it's fine if she in lying down (newborn mode).
    Diane ~ Mommy to
    D 3/16/04 backless booster
    G 8/16/07 (45.5", 63 lbs) Britax Frontier, Radian, Monterey booster

Carseat Crazy

For my P&T I have a Mr. B double decker (It was made specifically for this stroller). It matches the fabric print/color and snaps onto the handle bar and to the frame of the doubles seat in toddler/toddler mode to keep it from hitting the rear child in the head. Added benefit - it almost acts like a canopy ;-)

Nathan - FF-ing in a Frontier
    Logan - RF-ing in a Boulevard
    Megan - RF-ing in a Boulevard

Carseat Crazy

I use the Skip Hop Spark bag from Target and I put it on the side of the stroller in toddler/infant mode. I'm not sure how to describe... I adjust the stroller straps all the way out and hook one to the handle on one side and hook the other to the bar of the toddler seat by where it connects up front. It's at a slight angle this way, but not a problem and everything is easily accessible. Doesn't stick out far either. I haven't tried it in toddler/toddler mode yet. If I get a chance to in the next day or so, I will post back.

Carseat Crazy

Yup, works the same way in toddler/toddler mode. I love it! So much more accessible and leaves the basket free. Also provides shade on one side of the second seat. I suppose and some toddler might have a problem with it blocking view, but for younger baby it's okay. I guess you could even do 2 if you needed to, one on either side.

Senior Community Member

I second Skip Hop. Look for the model called Expo, it has a ziper on the bottom that makes it bigger when opened and it fits lots of stuff!
    DD 5.5yo, 38lbs, 43" - FF in a Radian XT and Frontier85 SICT
    DS 3yo, 33lbs, 38" - RF in Radian XT and Britax MT