Phil & Ted Users - What Diaper Bag Do You Have?

ChasingPrisms

Hello. :) I bought a Phil & Teds double sport buggy recently in anticipation of having two under two. I'm wondering what everyone is using for their diaper bag if you have two (or more!) kids in diapers (I use cloth, so please LMK if you think my cloth wouldn't fit in yours). I am having a hard time stuffing my cheapo messenger bag into the storage basket. I'd like to get a Vera Bradly Villager but I don't think it will fit!

I've looked everywhere and nothing seems to be the right shape. I'm about ready to give up and get a JanSport back pack so I can just carry the dang thing!!!

ITA!

ADS

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
I used a skip hop and hung it off the handles using the clips in newborn/toddler mode. It was great at hiding the baby from the sun/wind.

In toddler/toddler mode, I lengthened the shoulder strap all the way and hung it off the back. The bag fell right behind the toddler jump seat and I rarely (if ever) kicked it when walking (I'm 5'7").

Yes, you can fit cloth in the skip hop. Despite it's smaller looking size, that thing held a ton of stuff. :)

We also have the pannier bags and I would keep one of those fully stocked as a diaper bag for the those days where I was taking a day trip somewhere (hiking/zoo/amusement park).

ChasingPrisms

I used a skip hop and hung it off the handles using the clips in newborn/toddler mode. It was great at hiding the baby from the sun/wind.

In toddler/toddler mode, I lengthened the shoulder strap all the way and hung it off the back. The bag fell right behind the toddler jump seat and I rarely (if ever) kicked it when walking (I'm 5'7").

Yes, you can fit cloth in the skip hop. Despite it's smaller looking size, that thing held a ton of stuff. :)

We also have the pannier bags and I would keep one of those fully stocked as a diaper bag for the those days where I was taking a day trip somewhere (hiking/zoo/amusement park).
I'm 5'3''. I am already concerned about kicking the back of that seat, or bending over while pushing it. Could I cinch up the strap and it still hang above DS2's head with the second seat on. Can you get to the inside pockets with it all full of stuff?

I have the bag that hangs on the handle that I plan on putting my important stuff in (zoo pass, money, keys, hand sanitizer), I'll have to look into the side bags too. Thanks!!! :)

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
I'm 5'3''. I am already concerned about kicking the back of that seat, or bending over while pushing it. Could I cinch up the strap and it still hang above DS2's head with the second seat on. Can you get to the inside pockets with it all full of stuff?

I have the bag that hangs on the handle that I plan on putting my important stuff in (zoo pass, money, keys, hand sanitizer), I'll have to look into the side bags too. Thanks!!! :)

My other favourite way of carrying it on sunny days was to cinch it up and let it hang above DS2's head. It would hang from the handle (using the clips) and then rest just on the back of the jump seat... it made a perfect sunshade for ds2. :)

I actually have the E3V2, not the sport... so you have the adjustable handles and the reclining seat that will make this stroller even easier to use with diaperbags. At 5'3", you shouldn't be kicking or bending over at all.

The side bags hold the world! Seriously, I could put 4 winter jackets in one and then the other would hold diapers/wipes/change of clothes for both boys, and a small lunch kit/cooler for snacks/drinks. :)

ETA: I never had a problem getting to any of the pockets... they are layed out in the bag really well.

The Bjorns

I have a JuJuBe PackaBe and LOVE it! Here's a link to their website: JuJuBe

Mine is either a messenger bag or a backpack. It slides in the basket perfectly or hangs on the handlebar fine.

I'm 5'9" and have no problem striding along with it hanging off the back and the rear seat reclined (okay, when it's reclined I do hold the handle a little farther in front of me:eek:). I tend not to have the bag haning when DD is in the rear seat, but it's fine if she in lying down (newborn mode).

kimogilvie

For my P&T I have a Mr. B double decker (It was made specifically for this stroller). It matches the fabric print/color and snaps onto the handle bar and to the frame of the doubles seat in toddler/toddler mode to keep it from hitting the rear child in the head. Added benefit - it almost acts like a canopy ;-)

jubgulia

I use the Skip Hop Spark bag from Target and I put it on the side of the stroller in toddler/infant mode. I'm not sure how to describe... I adjust the stroller straps all the way out and hook one to the handle on one side and hook the other to the bar of the toddler seat by where it connects up front. It's at a slight angle this way, but not a problem and everything is easily accessible. Doesn't stick out far either. I haven't tried it in toddler/toddler mode yet. If I get a chance to in the next day or so, I will post back.

jubgulia

Yup, works the same way in toddler/toddler mode. I love it! So much more accessible and leaves the basket free. Also provides shade on one side of the second seat. I suppose and some toddler might have a problem with it blocking view, but for younger baby it's okay. I guess you could even do 2 if you needed to, one on either side.

minismom

I second Skip Hop. Look for the model called Expo, it has a ziper on the bottom that makes it bigger when opened and it fits lots of stuff!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC