Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

33lbs limit, with or w/o cloths when weighed?

I think the title says it, lol. Our clothing varies in weight a lot and we use cloth which vary it even more. Is the 33lbs weight limit for rear facing for with or without their cloths/diapers? Without we are getting 31.5-32lbs but I need to weigh on a different scale cause I don't think our home one is completely right.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

I would turn *my* daughter when she's at 33 lbs clothed. I'm not willing to take the risk, KWIM?
    Rebekah Branch, CPST from May 2005 until June 2011
    Mom to CJ (7/96, seatbelt), Gregory (4/98, seatbelt), & Joyjoy (10/03, misc. booster seats)
    "That which you create in beauty and goodness and truth lives on."
    - Denis Waitley

Unregistered
    Darn, 33lbs even when clothed. Ours are almost the same age, it feels way too soon to be forward facing.

CPS Technician
    Buying a Scenera would give you a few more #s, but I guess you have to decide if the $45 is worth it for 2 extra #. AJ is 31 mos and 32#. He's in a Scenera, but will go ffing in his Britax when we get it next month.
    Jennifer, Special Needs CPST, peds nurse, and CSFTL Admin mom to:
    AJ-13 (five steps), Evan-11 (nbb),
    Ilana-9 (nbb) ,
    Olivia-7 (hbb), and
    Unity-3 (rf and ff)

I know what you mean. I wish I had the funds and the space to import a Swedish seat, but I think my husband would have a coronary. LOL Especially since our daughter has several seats already.
    Mom to CJ (7/96, seatbelt), Gregory (4/98, seatbelt), & Joyjoy (10/03, misc. booster seats)
    - Denis Waitley

CPS Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by skaterbabscpst
    I know what you mean. I wish I had the funds and the space to import a Swedish seat, but I think my husband would have a coronary. LOL Especially since our daughter has several seats already.
    Lol! The only reason my DH is agreeing to a Britax for AJ is b/c it's tax return time. This will be his 6th seat he's had in 2.5 yrs!
    Jennifer, Special Needs CPST, peds nurse, and CSFTL Admin mom to:
    AJ-13 (five steps), Evan-11 (nbb),
    Ilana-9 (nbb) ,
    Olivia-7 (hbb), and
    Unity-3 (rf and ff)

Heh, if I were to count up all the seats my boys have had through the years your head would probably spin. lol As it is Joyjoy has had 2 infant carriers and 3 convertible seats, and we're buying a Touriva for our '96 Jeep, and she's not even 2 1/2 yet!
    - Denis Waitley

Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    I think the title says it, lol. Our clothing varies in weight a lot and we use cloth which vary it even more. Is the 33lbs weight limit for rear facing for with or without their cloths/diapers? Without we are getting 31.5-32lbs but I need to weigh on a different scale cause I don't think our home one is completely right.
    The naked dummy they've been using is 33 pounds, and an exact number of ounces of clothing is on top of that. But they have a REALLY good scale, and definitely tell you to turn FF at 33.0, not 33.999999 pounds, just to be sure.

Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

speaking of which, would you happen you have a scale, Julie? we don't, and the one at Patient First is a joke....I'd like to keep a close eye on Joyjoy's, she can't stay 30 lbs forever. lol
    - Denis Waitley