Nautilus harness question...

Leila

About a month ago, a friend of mine purchased a Nautilus for her 5 year old son. I finally had a chance to see him in his new seat yesterday and noticed that it looked like the straps were coming from below his shoulders. I mentioned it to my friend and she insists that they're not, that it's just the seat pad causing it to look like that. I did snap a picture of him in the seat, but his shirt and the harness strap blend, so it's hard to see what I'm referring to in the picture.

Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone else has this issue?? Should she raise the harness up a slot or is it ok as is?

I'm posting the picture just in case you all have better eyes than me.

ETA: I finally found a way to make the harness strap more visible...

rah3.jpg

ADS

mamaofthree

They definitely look below the shoulder to me. I'd tell her to raise them. Why was she so opposed to it? Even if they are right *at*, I feel like if you can't really tell, move them up to be safe. Oh, and the seat pad on mine lines up perfectly to the slots, but I suppose that could vary for others.

Kimberly

keri1292

They look WAY below to me. Hard to tell, but when in doubt...up they go. I hope you can get her to adjust them.

mamaofthree

Is it on the third slots? I'm wondering if she didn't want to use the top slots because she didn't like how it looked and/or contained his head in the headrest. There's a bigger gap between the third and fourth slots than there is on the rest, so it is quite a difference. If this does happen to be the issue, make sure to remind her that the belt guides are only supposed to be right above the shoulders in booster mode. It is fine to be quite a bit above when harnessed. They are at my dd's ears. HTH!

Kimberly

Leila

I don't think she's opposed to it at all, I just think that she doesn't actually SEE the problem. If you reach in and wiggle your fingers enough, the slots themselves seem to be AT his shoulders...but the harness is definitely coming from below his shoulders. R's a pretty tall boy at 47" (he's three months older than my D, 2" shorter and more leg than torso.) I think it's the seat pad causing the problem, and if it is, I'm just wondering if she should move the harness up a slot. J's not one to care about how something like that looks, she wants her boy safe.

I really need to find a Nauti to play with...our Wally's doesn't have a display model. :thumbsdown:

Qarin

Wait- when you say "seat pad", are you talking about the extra insert it comes with? If so, that can't be used if you're using slots above the (rather low!) bottom slots. I can't really tell, but it does almost look like the straps are coming out from the slot at his shoulders and then going down, maybe then through that insert's strap holes?, and then back up. If that's what is going on, the solution is simple- remove the insert. If not, then I can't figure out what that picture is showing combined with what you're saying- those straps are clearly coming up and over his shoulders.

Leila

I'm guessing it's the extra insert. I gave her a call earlier with a quick message regarding the insert. She hasn't called back yet, but she's super busy planning her wedding, so it might take a couple days before she even hears the message. I love R like I love my own boys, so she'll know that this is coming from the heart.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC