Getting the arm rest off the GN...

drey

So, my DS threw up all over himself & his GN this morning, & I've now had the pleasure of taking the GN apart to clean it up. For the most part, it was pretty easy to take it apart - covers, straps, etc. However, I cannot for the life of me take the armrest out of the darn sockets it's snapped into. Anyone have any idea how this works? I've tried pulling it, pushing it (to the side), rocking it, & I'm all tried out. I wouldn't even care, except for the fact that DS got yuck all over the teeny little corner...

Also, anyone know how to get the smell out of the harness & buckle straps? I rinsed them off, no soaking, but they still smell...

TIA!

ADS

mish

I can't be of any help, except to say I feel for you. As far as I know, no one has been able to get the arm rests back out. I would call graco. I don't know about the smell. It may just take time. I think you can use a mild soap. Maybe a baby wipe would help?

BabyKaykes

As for that little corner, have you tried a hard bristled toothbrush? I don't think the armrests were made to come back out again. And someone from Lifesavers said that the GN was going to start coming already assembled in the box.

For the smell, clean it as usual and let it air dry outside. Only time is really going to get the smell out. I also think it's ok to rinse the straps with water and the tiniest bit of baking soda.

drey

I did try a toothbrush, which got the outside stuff ok, but not the inside corner. I spent at least 30 minutes with a wet paper towel, cleaning up that corner. I think I finally got it all out. We'll see when it gets warmer out...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC