Which Regents can you use without the recline bar?

essnce629

Our brand new Regent only fits in my car with the recline bar, not my boyfriend's. When I put it in his car our son has absolutely no legroom and ends up having to put his feet on top of the console between the two front seats. I was planning to buy the Frontier to solve our problems, but with all the install issues I'm now thinking I really have to wait till I can actually see the seat in person. But, I'm pretty sure that the Regent would fit just fine in my boyfriend's car if I could install it without the recline bar. What models allowed this? Was it the pre- June 2007 models? And is using it without the recline always an option or is it only up to a certain weight? My son is 4 1/2 years old and 43lbs. TIA.

ADS

arly1983

Any regent that is preadvisory which means it has a Date of Manufactor before 6/18/07 can be used without the recline bar.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC