Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Re: I just bought a TrueFit for $99.99 shipped!!

So is the general concensus that the TF has a lower top harness height than the MA, or are they equal?
    11yo DD *69lb* Backless Turbo
    8.5yo DD *45lb* High Back Turbobooster/Pink Monterey
    6yo DS *43lb* Cowmoo Parkway SG/Lizards In Line Turbobooster
    2y4m DD*24lb*RF in an Alma MR 65 and Kathryn RA 55

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Quote Originally Posted by snowbird25ca View Post
    I saw pic's of it taken at lifesavers that managed the top harness height at 18"? The thread is in CMC, I'll have to go look for it.

(It's also what Compass stated for the slot height. )
    I did not have a tape with me. I actually got the harness ehight from Amazon.
    Lisa - CPSTI
    Mom to Tucker, 5 years old, 29.2 lbs, 39.25 inches tall who has a variety of different carseats to ride in.
    My new grandson is my signature photo

Senior Community Member

Hi. I just went in my garage and measured. With the infant padding out and the seat compressed a little I got 18 inches to the bottom of the top slot on the true fit. I am not a tech but I think it is close. However the site is down for maintenance right now-I wanted to buy another for my daughter when they are done with the infant seat. Hope the code still works!

It sounds like they weren't able to start the maintence over the weekend of people were ordering during the weekend they were supposed to be down; so perhaps they are going to be down all day today and perhaps tommorrow. Seriously I hope I do not forget about the sale by then!! I am reluctant to cancel my order from Target until I know I have this one since I need the seat fairly soon.

Quote Originally Posted by TerisBoys View Post
    Is the 530 shorter than the 510 as well?

I get so confused by Compass and their B5** line. You'd think the higher model number would be newer/better.
    I had a long discussion with some folks over this:

500/505 - shorter, no deep wings/SIP

510 - taller, deep wings/SIP, premier comes with bag

530 - taller than 505, but no taller than 510 (not sure on the exact height), no deep wings/SIP - basically a taller 505

Senior Community Member TerisBoys's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by o_mom View Post
    I had a long discussion with some folks over this:

500/505 - shorter, no deep wings/SIP

510 - taller, deep wings/SIP, premier comes with bag

530 - taller than 505, but no taller than 510 (not sure on the exact height), no deep wings/SIP - basically a taller 505
    SO the 530 would still be "ok" as an occassional use/backup seat for a kid with a fairly tall torso (my William) but not as good as the 510 - right?

He won't go for giraffe or daisy LOL. I want camo darn it!

I would say if you can't get the 510, the 530 would be the next best choice.

Walmart has the Camo for $80 with free shipping to store. Not as good as the 50% off, but better than most other places.

Quote Originally Posted by New grandma View Post
    Hi. I just went in my garage and measured. With the infant padding out and the seat compressed a little I got 18 inches to the bottom of the top slot on the true fit. I am not a tech but I think it is close. However the site is down for maintenance right now-I wanted to buy another for my daughter when they are done with the infant seat. Hope the code still works!

THANK YOU! Still trying to decide - my dd1 is currently 15" in the torso......makes me nervous the differences in the reported harness heights.
    Think I'll wait, save up some more and get her a regent. She is only 27 mo.

But thank you again for measuring - hopefully it helped someone else as well.
    CPST & Mom to 3 great daughters
    DDM 20 yrs EMTbasic; Seatbelt
    DDK 1/10/06 54# Cybex X-Fix-booster - doing GREAT
    DDG 7/10/07 43# FF RE
    "You know you're healing when your sadness no longer affects your happiness" anon

What's up doc!? I brought carrots to the soup. You?

Senior Community Member TerisBoys's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by o_mom View Post
    I would say if you can't get the 510, the 530 would be the next best choice.

Walmart has the Camo for $80 with free shipping to store. Not as good as the 50% off, but better than most other places.
    If the site ever comes back up...I think I'm going for it (B530).

William is with me 2 weekends a month. He has a SR/C which is SUPPOSED to come with him, but doesn't always make it out of his stepmom's car. In that case he'd have a backless Turbo.

I can't justify $80 for an occasional use seat. My thought is even the B530 is safeR than his Turbo.

I don't need anymore seat right now, but i did a test run....The site is up and working.

The promo code only works if you use capital letters, no lowercase.
    10yo in a Connext
    1yo in a Coccoro
    Babe in a Comfy Carry

Sites back up!
    Maiya ~ 12y/80lbs ~ Jane Indy Plus ~ Hayden ~ 9y/55lbs ~ SK Monterey ~ Quinn ~ 8y/45lbs ~ RXT ~ Mitchell ~ 18m/24lbs ~ Arctic Cat MA

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus UlrikeDG's Avatar

I'm sooooooooo very tempted! Kira's in a Roundabout, but she'll only fit RF in that for about 2 years. I was planning to get a TrueFit or something for her at that point (both my MAs will expire before then), but half price is tempting NOW. The only thing holding me back is, if I wait 2 years, I can use the TrueFit (or whatever) FF to at least age 7. If I get it now, it will expire before then.
    Ulrike, mom to:
    Roman (3/98), Evalina (3/00), Nadia (3/03), and Kira (11/07)

See an inappropriate post? Don't reply to it; report it!
    Thanks for your help in keeping this a safe, SPAM-free zone!

Quote Originally Posted by New grandma View Post
    Thanks. I think the 16 inches may come from having the infant insert in and not compressed.
    Lisa - CPSTI
    Mom to Tucker, 5 years old, 29.2 lbs, 39.25 inches tall who has a variety of different carseats to ride in.

CPS Fanatic

How wide is the truefit? Is it the same width as the marathon or as big as the advance or regent? I really need something to replace the scenera wtih since they are about to outgrow it. I can justify 99.00!

Quote Originally Posted by *Spoiledinmyhouseofblue* View Post
    How wide is the truefit? Is it the same width as the marathon or as big as the advance or regent? I really need something to replace the scenera wtih since they are about to outgrow it. I can justify 99.00!
    http://www.car-seat.org/showpost.php...95&postcount=5
    Lisa - CPSTI

CPS Fanatic

The link is saying error page not found. :-(

slightly OT but I thought boosters were supposed to ride on the hips, it looks like these pics have them crossing tummies, trying to decide if I want to get a booster in addition to the tf...

http://shop.learningcurve.com/produc...P?locale=en_US

Quote Originally Posted by *Spoiledinmyhouseofblue* View Post
    The link is saying error page not found. :-(
    They must have just archived it. It was working. Do a search in the google box for compass true fit measurements. That is how I found it.
    Lisa - CPSTI

Carseat Crazy

Is there any info on the Light and Portable Infant seat? I am thinking about getting this instead of either the Keyfit or SS1 and also getting a True-fit...getting both with be the same price as getting just one infant seat.
    Tania
    Momma to four...DS1 (12yr) in car seat belt, DD1 (10yr) FF in TB/Harmony, DS2 (7yr) FF in Recaro Performance Booster &, DD2 (5yr) FF in FR90/Radian.

WOW ! I wonder if DH will let me get this seat. I am excited to see that the code works and it came up 99.99 at the end. Don't know if I should get Cappuccino or the Monet. Are the reviews any good. I haven't seen very many yet.
    Andrea SAHM to
    W~2/2007
    C~11/2008
    J~2/2010