Which Regents have the higher harness slots??

mom23boys

My son who is 4.5 yrs already has a torso 0f 16.5! I have read that some of the older regents actually have harness slots that measure higher than the newer ones. I don't mind purchasing an older model, as I have found a few stores that have brand new 2006 models NIB! I am wanting to get one with the higher measuring top slots for extra growth in torso since he will need it!

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I think older than 6/18/07, that's when the 'new installation rules' kicked in that were supposedly based on a new seat shell. I hope they offer you a bargain basement price on such an old seat, too.

mom23boys

I think older than 6/18/07, that's when the 'new installation rules' kicked in that were supposedly based on a new seat shell. I hope they offer you a bargain basement price on such an old seat, too.

Funny thing is I can actually purchase an 08 model cheaper than a couple places I have found the 2006 models! I guess maybe they know that some people will want these because of the higher slots! I am not sure. Makes me mad cause one would think that a seat that's on 06 has almost lost half of it's life as far as 6 yr life span!

mom23boys

I am definitely returning the Frontier today! I hate that I am ging to end up eating 30.00 fo shipping costs! I think I am going to get him the regent instead. He has a 16.5 torso at 4 .5 yrs old. Does anyone elso know if the older regents have higher measuring harness slots? If they do it would be worht it to me to get an older model since he is our youngest and we won't be passing it down! Jukst want him harnessed for more time!

BookMama

Senior Community Member
I think some people found that pre-advisory Regent covers fit post-advisory Regents a little bit differently, but I don't think it was ever established that the top slots were higher. (If there is a difference, it is minor.) Any Regent would give your DS several inches of torso growth, so I think at 4.5 it should give him a couple years.

mom23boys

I think some people found that pre-advisory Regent covers fit post-advisory Regents a little bit differently, but I don't think it was ever established that the top slots were higher. (If there is a difference, it is minor.) Any Regent would give your DS several inches of torso growth, so I think at 4.5 it should give him a couple years.

TY! Maybe the posters that said there was a difference were actually referring to the Husky! I am not that familiar with all the seats!j Someone posted that they were getting a 20 inch reading from some of the seats!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yeah, the newer ones are definitely a bit shorter.. even my old 2005 Husky had close to 21 inch slots, and that picture Lysandra posted the other day really did show the Regent being barely 19 :(

mom23boys

Yeah, the newer ones are definitely a bit shorter.. even my old 2005 Husky had close to 21 inch slots, and that picture Lysandra posted the other day really did show the Regent being barely 19 :(

Any ideas as to where I might get a 2005 Husky at?? Our ds really needs the higher slots! He is our last so the fact that I will not be able to use for 6 yrs doesn't bother me!

ginny4

i just checked my regent DOM 2/08 & withthe cover pulled back (the slots are huge so in order to see right to the shell i pulled it back)but all foam there i got 20in at top of slot & just above 19 on the bottom of the slot. perhaps the huskies were a tiny bit taller. BUT i think even at 4.5yo & 16.5 in torso he'd still have LOTS O TIME in the regent. for reference my almost 9yo JUST fits it (no grow room). trust me they slow WAY down in growth. he is quite tall. i bet your son can make it at least til 7-8yo or even more in the regent. average size kid is 8-10yo. MORE than ready for a booster.

i don't know how youwould find a husky now. but i just wouldn't worry over it.

TerisBoys

:yeahthat: At this age his torso should slow way down and he'll start growing limbs. It takes approx 3" of total growth to grow an inch in the torso at this age, so he'll have to grow 9" total before a current Regent is outgrown. Should buy you lots of time :)

mom23boys

Thanks for all the helpful information! I am planning on getting him a regent as soon as I get my credit for returning the Frontier! I have to wait because these seats are so expensive! I wish I could just exchange but the place that I purchased the frontier only has the onyx cover and we prefer the Hunnington!

wondering1

I think you'll really like the Regent once ya get used to it. :)

I can go measure ours if you'd like. Regardless of 19.25 or 19.75 or whatever...lots of years ahead of usage!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC