I just sold my Radian - am I going to regret it?

raelynn

Senior Community Member
I just sold my Radian this morning because we barely use it (it's been a spare for my DH's car which we are never in). It fits poorly on the school bus, my DS is uncomfortable in it and cries when I've put him in it, and it installs poorly in my Mazda MPV which has very forward seat belts.

It will be a while before my DS is turned FF'ing, and even longer before he outgrows his MA and EFTA by height (our MA is 48lb and the EFTA is 47lbs). I'm hoping that in a few years when he's outgrown these 2 seats that there will be something better up here in Canada for harnessing to higher weights/heights.

Am I going to regret selling the Radian? Maybe I'm all sentimental about my car seats but I really hate it so I don't know why I feel sad LOL.

I was going to buy another EFTA, but school is out in 2 months and I'll have my MA in DH's car for the summer (I'm not leaving it in the school bus all summer lol), so I might just hold out for now on buying another car seat.

ADS

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
I'd hold out and wait awhile... we're supposed to be getting some nice seats in the fall, so just wait and see what makes it's way up here.

If (at that time), the Radian is still the best for you, then you'll just buy another one... plus the new Radians coming out this summer are supposed to have improved greatly over the old ones. :)

BudgieStew

Hmm what new seats in the fall are you speaking about?

I'd hold off if you do not really need another seat for a while. If the Radian did not work for you there will be something that will when the times comes for another seat.

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
Hmm what new seats in the fall are you speaking about?

Sorry... soooo not going down that road just yet. There are already waaayyy too many speculation threads around here.

All I'm saying is that if people have the option to wait, then they should. If not, then buy what suits you best at the time that you need a seat. That advice rings true for anyone. I know we all love to spend money on seats and get the latest and greatest, but if what you have is working... then let it work. There will *always* be something bigger and better just around the corner. ;)

arly1983

Its funny you are posting this because I just sold one of my radians (that have been under my bed for 2 months or more) and I was just thinking.......I might need it one day.....sometime....maybe.....but really it is more needed elsewhere.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I should almost poke at you just a tiny bit since you know why I get all sentimental about selling my seats now. :p (Raelynn and I know each other IRL)

I don't think you'll really regret it since it's just going to be sitting around using it's useful life and you can sell it for more now then you'd be able to in a years time. ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC