Told the Family

Dreaming_of_Speed

Senior Community Member
I thought i would give you ladies an update on how it went telling my family i'm pregnant.

As i said i had planned on buying a car seat and a high chair to put in the 'white elephante' game's gift pile. Which i did. So my stepMIL opened the highchair and everyone was confused by it. Then someone opened the car seat and everyone kept saying that it must be something different in the box. yeah it seemed obvious to me. So the second go around, one of my fiance's cousins sells the high chair for SMIL (she's 15 and a sophomore)everybody thinks she's doing it for some kid she babysits or to donate to the church. So its my turn and i steal the car seat and no one asks any questions. Then his other cousin asks whats really in the 'big box' i tell her its what it says on the box. She says "oh good. i need one of those." and proceeds to steal it from me! The whole family starts asking her is she pregnant and she says she doesnt want to talk about it so on goes the game. My fiance steals the high chair from his cousin on his turn then her boyfriend steals it from him. The game ends and we have a nose hair trimmer and some sort of wall thing i havent decided what to do with yet. His cousins have my snug ride and my high chair. odd isnt it? Still NO questions.

So i decide i'm asking. First i ask the one with the high chair. She admits that she's pregnant but she isnt allowed to tell her grandparents (like they wont notice???) and begs me not to tell. Ok. Well then i ask the one who ended up with my car seat (she's also 15 and a junior in HS) She says she's been late. I ask "how late" her answer: "4 months"! So i happen to have a few pregnancy tests in the car. (yeah. the novelty of those 2 lines showing up has yet to wear off.) So i tell her she can have one and take the test. She says she's scared and askes me to do it with her. I agree. Anything to figure out what is going on.

We come back in (we discussed this outside) and she starts blabbing to EVERYONE there we're going to take pregnancy tests together. That went over great. So finally we get in the bathroom and we take them and sit them on the table. (everyone's favorite place for a pregnancy test) The whole family sat around for ten minutes waiting for our (read: her) results. So finally they're ready but no else noticed who put who's where on the table. So one's positive one's negative. Instantly they start yelling at this poor girl about how assumed they are and yadda yadda yadda.

So after half an hour of yelling at her things start to calm down and my little SIL walks up to me crying "you said you were going to have a baby. how'd she get our baby?" The family freaked out. i got tons of hugs and congratulations and an extra piece of apple pie with no comments about me getting fat! :D

And thats how it went. Crazy as can be. But then it wouldnt be my in laws family if it wasnt crazy. the rest of the families all seemed to have guessed as all i heard was "i told you so" and "see she's not getting fatter, she's pregnant!" (yup i'm getting fatter. My jeans are slightly tighter around the waist. read:twins run in my family every generation has 2+ sets!)

ADS

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
That's a great story!!! I always wanted to give my parents a pack and play for Christmas if I got pg around then...but we're hoping to get pg this summer.

Did you get your carseat and high chair back?

Susan

Dreaming_of_Speed

Senior Community Member
I got my car seat back. (good thing too as i had intended on returning it. and before i get flamed for that i never even openned the box, if you'd bought it you'd never have know as i was very very carful not to damage it.)

His cousin liked the high chair and it doesnt match the kitchen of the house we've decided to buy (rent to own for now) so i figured i'd count it as her baby shower present and she could have at least one peice of new baby equipment. (i sent almost everyting else his family gave to me for the baby i lost to her. Mostly b/c it was dirty/old and she needs it more than i do.) She's 15 weeks along and her parents are forcing her to go stay with an aunt from the time she shows till after she gives birth and then her parents are going to 'adopt' a baby just before she come home. i think that happened to my grandmother in the late 50's. Her father in the local southern baptist preacher and is so crazy he wont let her tell anyone, not even her older syblings.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC