Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

CPS Technician

Taking the Plunge

I'm really starting to look for the CPST class to take.

I found out that the fee is $60 around here, which I thought was great. I'm almost certain that I will have to travel at least an hour to a class, but I don't mind.

Anyone else in MD looking to take a class?

Susan

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Thumbs up

Cool! Good for you I'm hoping to take the class here sometime soon ... can't even begin to really figure it out, though, till till my 3 co-workers get back so I have time off!
    TIFF ~ doula & all hours childcare provider
    SCARLA: winter '02 . . . Jr. Roller Derby level III
    BEAR: spring '11 ... Recaro Sport + Clek Oobr
    RAHNE: summer '17 ... MicoMax30 + RadianRXT
    childcare: 0-7yrs... Contender + Frontier Clicktight
    {emergencies: Scenera Next, Highback, Topside}

Good luck--$60 isn't bad at all! I also had to travel about an hour to my class, but my mom works on the other side of the freeway so it wasn't bad at all (though getting up REALLY early to beat the traffic wasn't fun!).

Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SusanMae
    I'm really starting to look for the CPST class to take.

I found out that the fee is $60 around here, which I thought was great. I'm almost certain that I will have to travel at least an hour to a class, but I don't mind.

Anyone else in MD looking to take a class?

Susan
    No, but I know an awesome tech in MD...she and her dh work independently at the Waldorf BRU, so I don't know if she knows too many safe kids people, but at least she's 'there' if you ever need someone to work with (It's a hundred+ mile drive for me, I don't make it up there too often!)
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

CPS Fanatic
    Great!! I'm looking for a class too, but since dh and I share a car, it really needs to be super nearby. and they never are.
    Kelly, mom to Aaric (7.5 and 65 lbs), Mikayla (6 and 52 lbs), and Xander (20 mo and 25 lbs)
    No more Huskies due to a wreck...
    Xander's in a MA, Mikayla in a GN, Aaric is temporarily in the pink Vivo...
    Graco SS1 due to come out of retirement in Jan 09