Misuse at today's clinic

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
We did 53 seats today, then I did 2 more at work. Every seat was not used correctly. The 43 lbs in a 40 harness seat. LB booster, expired seats. But I took pics of an interesting one. I had installed this seat for mom, before the baby was born. While mom was in the hospital, dad thought he should fix it.

IMG_5435.jpg

IMG_5437.jpg

He used parachute cord to make sure that seat didn't bounce in the back and took out the noodles. DH fixed the seat. (My DH, not hers. Hers was not there.)

ADS

Starlight

Senior Community Member
Holy cow!!!

And, I must say, I am jealous. My dh would make an awesome tech, if he'd take the class (and he is already pretty darn knowledgeable, from listening to my rants.) :love:

Glad that Mom was able/willing to come in and fix Dad's "fix."

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I did get permission to take and post the pics. She just didn't want the kids in the shot.

sixmaybemore

Oh sure, what's more fun than seeing creative carseat installs???? :)

I wish I had a pic of the one where the harness was installed upside down and backwards. Words fail to do justice, and to this day I have no idea how they managed to do that.

I showed the above pic to dh and he gave points for creativity.

Tanya
CPST

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I have one of the misuse devices in my garage. I will have to recreate, and take pics.

tcottawa

Oh yes, keep the misuse pics coming! that's a great one, very creative. My instructor once encountered, in place of a noodle, a 2-liter bottle of coke filled with sugar. :eek:

sixmaybemore

Oh yes, keep the misuse pics coming! that's a great one, very creative. My instructor once encountered, in place of a noodle, a 2-liter bottle of coke filled with sugar. :eek:

Has anyone else had a block of wood under a RF seat to "stabilize" the seat, and achieve angle?

The dad was an engineer, btw.

Tanya
CPST

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Has anyone else had a block of wood under a RF seat to "stabilize" the seat, and achieve angle?

The dad was an engineer, btw.

Tanya
CPST

Saw a large piece of plywood cut just about exactly to the shape of an infant seat base once... and an industrial foam board done like that, too, with stairsteps of extra foam glued on to one side to get the right angle...

Crazy....

Mommy2Marcus

Aw Man, now that is CRAZY! I would LOVE to see more misuse photo's per month. I love to see the crazy things people think keeps there kids safe! I mean WHAT really posseses these people to think this is safe? I really NEED to get my seats checked! I will make the call tomorrow & maybe set up n appointment to have them checked soon! At least the one in my car! I really just want to go educate the guy that told me that DS should be FF if his legs touched the back of the seat & see his face when he sees how long his legs are & that he is RF at 18 months! Hehe! I plan to take info with me!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC