Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

CPS Fanatic

Evenflo Triumph Advance LX-Clerance at babies r us

This was at my babies r us a ton of them on clerance, but only for 10% off! LOL! If you have a coupon mabey a good deal? They had D.O.M june 07' so almost a year old :-(! I almost got one(I had a 15% off coupon on top of it) until I saw it was already a year old.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Re: Evenflo Triumph Advance LX-Clerance at babies r us

Quote Originally Posted by *Spoiledinmyhouseofblue* View Post
    This was at my babies r us a ton of them on clerance, but only for 10% off! LOL! If you have a coupon mabey a good deal? They had D.O.M june 07' so almost a year old :-(! I almost got one(I had a 15% off coupon on top of it) until I saw it was already a year old.
    Our Toys R Us (Richmond, VA) had the Triumph Advance on sale for $119.99, but I didn't check the DOM. (Also, while I was there, I showed the T.A. to a confused-looking mom who was thinking of buying a Cosco combo seat; not sure if she took my recommendation, but I tried!)
    DS1 - 7.5 yrs, 56 lbs, 50" - Compass B510 Booster or Graco Turbobooster
    DS2 - 5 yrs, 45 lbs, 41" - Britax Husky, Graco Nautilus, Compass B510 Booster
    DD - 17 yrs, newly licensed

Senior Community Member BudgieStew's Avatar

Was it maybe the old Triumph LX and not the Triumph Advance?

I am not sure when the new Triumph was released so perhaps that is why it has an older DOM and was on sale.

Off to see when the Triumph Advance was released....

eta I see that the new version was released last summer..so I guess it could be new version. Too bad it has such a old DOM.
    *DD N 5 Years 46 inches/44 lbs FF in a Marathon/Parkway SG/Turbo Booster/ and Harnessed Nautilus
    *DS H 7 Years 49 inches/51 lbs in a Monterey and Turbo Booster
    and a Harmony and Radian as back up seats

CPS Fanatic

Nope, it was the new triumph advance for sure. I was mad at the 1 year date and barely any off in price! UGHH

CPS Technician

We got an EFTA in Raven for $97 (tax included) at TRU on Friday--it was on clearance for $129, plus 20% off clearance items, PLUS I had a 15% off coupon!!! (DOM was 01/08). Apparently, our TRU isn't going to carry this particular one now, but that had a EFTA in Sandbox that they are going to carry.

henrietta

Senior Community Member TerisBoys's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by henrietta View Post
    We got an EFTA in Raven for $97 (tax included) at TRU on Friday--it was on clearance for $129, plus 20% off clearance items, PLUS I had a 15% off coupon!!! (DOM was 01/08). Apparently, our TRU isn't going to carry this particular one now, but that had a EFTA in Sandbox that they are going to carry.

henrietta

Oooh - is that the one with the alligator LATCH clips?

CPS Technician

"Oooh - is that the one with the alligator LATCH clips?"

No, sorry, it's not. It's pretty much the "lowest" end model--no real extra frills. It has EPS foam, a decently padded cover, and an infant body pillow (bottom/sides and for behind the head).

I'm pretty sure the only one w/the alligator LATCH clips is the most expensive one at BRU for $169 or $179 (it's grey/black, too).

henrietta

Senior Community Member TerisBoys's Avatar

Cool regardless - awesome price on a great seat.

CPS Technician

The newest Evenflo Advance car seats are being marketed as having passed Evenflo's Side Impact Protection crash test. I just spoke with Evenflo and was told that after the Discovery recall (coming off it's base in side collision tests) they tested their Triumph Advance models and found they passed. So..the newer Triumph Advance models (orange & blue box) now state that these seats now pass Evenflo's side impact crash test. Per Evenflo there is no difference in the seats. Babies R Us is changing their SKU numbers for the newer seats coming in, which is why the older models are clearanced. So grab those older seats while they last!

It should be noted too, that there is no federal standard for side impact crash testing and that this is Evenflo's own test.

R.

CPS Technician

"The newest Evenflo Advance car seats are being marketed as having passed Evenflo's Side Impact Protection crash test. "

Very nice!!! The extra testing that Britax does is what reassures me about our Britax seat (and Fisher Price seat) and why I like it so well, so it's nice that Evenflo is at least doing more testing of their own now. I know it's not the same as standardized tests that all seats should be tested w/but it's better than nothing!

Thanks!

henrietta

CPS Fanatic

The ones on clerance at mine are the ones with the alligator latches! Hope that helps

Can I ask which BRU this is?

Thanks
    Jessica
    three across in a honda fit
    11y-literider/6.5y -affixHBB/8y-affixHBB

CPS Fanatic

Sure... the one in Shorewood, IL off of Rt.59