Evenflo Triumph Advance LX-Clerance at babies r us

This was at my babies r us a ton of them on clerance, but only for 10% off! LOL! If you have a coupon mabey a good deal? They had D.O.M june 07' so almost a year old :-(! I almost got one(I had a 15% off coupon on top of it) until I saw it was already a year old.

ADS

trailrunnermom

This was at my babies r us a ton of them on clerance, but only for 10% off! LOL! If you have a coupon mabey a good deal? They had D.O.M june 07' so almost a year old :-(! I almost got one(I had a 15% off coupon on top of it) until I saw it was already a year old.

Our Toys R Us (Richmond, VA) had the Triumph Advance on sale for $119.99, but I didn't check the DOM. (Also, while I was there, I showed the T.A. to a confused-looking mom who was thinking of buying a Cosco combo seat; not sure if she took my recommendation, but I tried!) :)

BudgieStew

Was it maybe the old Triumph LX and not the Triumph Advance?

I am not sure when the new Triumph was released so perhaps that is why it has an older DOM and was on sale.

Off to see when the Triumph Advance was released....

eta I see that the new version was released last summer..so I guess it could be new version. Too bad it has such a old DOM.

henrietta

We got an EFTA in Raven for $97 (tax included) at TRU on Friday--it was on clearance for $129, plus 20% off clearance items, PLUS I had a 15% off coupon!!! (DOM was 01/08). Apparently, our TRU isn't going to carry this particular one now, but that had a EFTA in Sandbox that they are going to carry.

henrietta

TerisBoys

We got an EFTA in Raven for $97 (tax included) at TRU on Friday--it was on clearance for $129, plus 20% off clearance items, PLUS I had a 15% off coupon!!! (DOM was 01/08). Apparently, our TRU isn't going to carry this particular one now, but that had a EFTA in Sandbox that they are going to carry.

henrietta

Oooh - is that the one with the alligator LATCH clips?

henrietta

"Oooh - is that the one with the alligator LATCH clips?"

No, sorry, it's not. It's pretty much the "lowest" end model--no real extra frills. It has EPS foam, a decently padded cover, and an infant body pillow (bottom/sides and for behind the head).

I'm pretty sure the only one w/the alligator LATCH clips is the most expensive one at BRU for $169 or $179 (it's grey/black, too).

henrietta

NHCPSTECH

Senior Community Member
The newest Evenflo Advance car seats are being marketed as having passed Evenflo's Side Impact Protection crash test. I just spoke with Evenflo and was told that after the Discovery recall (coming off it's base in side collision tests) they tested their Triumph Advance models and found they passed. So..the newer Triumph Advance models (orange & blue box) now state that these seats now pass Evenflo's side impact crash test. Per Evenflo there is no difference in the seats. Babies R Us is changing their SKU numbers for the newer seats coming in, which is why the older models are clearanced. So grab those older seats while they last!

It should be noted too, that there is no federal standard for side impact crash testing and that this is Evenflo's own test.

R.

henrietta

"The newest Evenflo Advance car seats are being marketed as having passed Evenflo's Side Impact Protection crash test. "

Very nice!!! The extra testing that Britax does is what reassures me about our Britax seat (and Fisher Price seat) and why I like it so well, so it's nice that Evenflo is at least doing more testing of their own now. I know it's not the same as standardized tests that all seats should be tested w/but it's better than nothing!

Thanks!

henrietta

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC