Frontier threads

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Now that the Britax Frontier is on shelves, posts about it don't have to be confined to just one thread. This thread is just for convenience. Of course you should still post in an existing thread, rather than starting a new one, whenever appropriate. If you do start a new thread, feel free to add a link here. Hopefully, this will make it easier for people to find what they're looking for.

Britax combo seat: The Frontier? (consolidated)
The OFFICIAL Britax Frontier Spoilers & Speculation thread
The OFFICIAL Britax Frontier Spoilers & Speculation thread (part 2)
The OFFICIAL Britax Frontier Spoilers & Speculation thread (part 3)
The OFFICIAL Britax Frontier Spoilers & Speculation thread (part 4)
The OFFICIAL Britax Frontier Spoilers & Speculation thread (part 5) (lots of photos)

3 way comparison- Frontier, Regent and Nautilus by lodonal65
Another Frontier thread :) by frnr_tny (Cdn forum)
My friend won a Frontier at Lifesavers! by thepeach80
Ok, I will start the Lifesavers page by Judi (lots of other seats as well!)

Rumor also has it that the Frontier will be available in Australia under the name Meridian, but possibly with a significantly lower weight limit.

If you know of a thread I missed, please go ahead an add the link!

ADS

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

Ok, We have tried this seat. It is horrible. :thumbsdown: I sooo wanted it to work. I want the side wings and TSIP protection. We have a Boulevard but Karley will out grow that way before she's ready for a booster seat. She's already squished in it compared to our Radians. I love our Radians but wish they had more side protection.

I tried seatbelt install in a 2001 Suzuki Xl7 and 2005 Ford Explorer. After I installed it, you could pull it from side to side alot. At least a good three inches or more.

Latch install in the Ford didn't work either. The latch adjustor thing ended up part way in the hole where you can thread seat belt through when I pulled the latch tight. Not all the way in the hole but the push button adjustor thing on the latch was in the hole.

It is nice and spacious but totally will not work. Maybe I should try some more? I remember the Radian being stubborn, but not THIS stubborn of a fit. I did not try it in third row of our Ford Explorer as Karley won't be sitting there.

Also, in the recline mode it hangs off the front of the vehicle seat like I imagine a Regent would. There is about 6 inches between the edge of the seat and the vehicle seat in front of her, and this is in our Ford Explorer, which is our biggest vehicle. I have not tried the Regent but I think I might like it better than this.

I did not like the mesh weave fabric in the middle of the seat. I hate the Radian Super Cool cover we have in our Jeep. I prefer the plush covers so much more.

Why would Britax put the seat belt path in the back of the seat? In the upright position the back of the frontier is up against the vehicle seat it's really hard to get the seat belt hooked. Duh, what was Britax thinking?

I just don't know how this would work in any car. I'm not a tech or anything but I've had several different car seats in my car for the last 16 years. I've had my seats checked by Tech's without having to change my installations. This seat stinks. Sorry if that's offensive guys.

This makes installing a Radian a piece of cake! And it makes me love my Radians more and more every day. :love:

The Nautilus is so much nicer and easier. I don't like the mesh cover on it but for the money it tops the Frontier any day of the week.

The Frontier is going back. I'm so upset because we are going on vacation on Friday and I WANTED this seat. I may just use the Boulevard or the Nautilus for the little wings around her head.

Thank goodness for return ship insurance at elitecarseats.com. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

mom23boys

Ok, We have tried this seat. It is horrible. :thumbsdown: I sooo wanted it to work. I want the side wings and TSIP protection. We have a Boulevard but Karley will out grow that way before she's ready for a booster seat. She's already squished in it compared to our Radians. I love our Radians but wish they had more side protection.

I tried seatbelt install in a 2001 Suzuki Xl7 and 2005 Ford Explorer. After I installed it, you could pull it from side to side alot. At least a good three inches or more.

Latch install in the Ford didn't work either. The latch adjustor thing ended up part way in the hole where you can thread seat belt through when I pulled the latch tight. Not all the way in the hole but the push button adjustor thing on the latch was in the hole.

It is nice and spacious but totally will not work. Maybe I should try some more? I remember the Radian being stubborn, but not THIS stubborn of a fit. I did not try it in third row of our Ford Explorer as Karley won't be sitting there.

Also, in the recline mode it hangs off the front of the vehicle seat like I imagine a Regent would. There is about 6 inches between the edge of the seat and the vehicle seat in front of her, and this is in our Ford Explorer, which is our biggest vehicle. I have not tried the Regent but I think I might like it better than this.

I did not like the mesh weave fabric in the middle of the seat. I hate the Radian Super Cool cover we have in our Jeep. I prefer the plush covers so much more.

Why would Britax put the seat belt path in the back of the seat? In the upright position the back of the frontier is up against the vehicle seat it's really hard to get the seat belt hooked. Duh, what was Britax thinking?

I just don't know how this would work in any car. I'm not a tech or anything but I've had several different car seats in my car for the last 16 years. I've had my seats checked by Tech's without having to change my installations. This seat stinks. Sorry if that's offensive guys.

This makes installing a Radian a piece of cake! And it makes me love my Radians more and more every day. :love:

The Nautilus is so much nicer and easier. I don't like the mesh cover on it but for the money it tops the Frontier any day of the week.

The Frontier is going back. I'm so upset because we are going on vacation on Friday and I WANTED this seat. I may just use the Boulevard or the Nautilus for the little wings around her head.

Thank goodness for return ship insurance at elitecarseats.com. :thumbsup:

I couldn't get it to work with latch either at first but I was able to pull the latch strap back through the fabric and tug really hard and the metal part on the latch finally came through the slot and I was able to get a tight fit! However, our ds is 50 lbs so latch is useless when harnessed!

Stretchy Glue

As no one in my are will carry this seat anytime soon, if at all, I'm gathering my info from you. I'm really disappointed. It seems like as Graco and Evenflo are catching up with the HWH trend, Britax is making some terrible calls. I'm really disappointed. :twocents:

mom23boys

If you have received a Frontier and not bben able to install it properly PLEASE call Britax! I called this morning and they said they had not received any calls about the Frontier not installing properly! Just want them to know that we are having some issues! BTW, I am shipping seat back today for return!

Lys

Senior Community Member
I called Britax this am and I'm waiting for a call back from a supervisor who said the CS rep was very interested in my installation difficulties.
I also, called Right Start to return my seat and when I told the CS rep about my difficulties and I was a tech, she was insterested to hear everything as well.
She even asked me to send her information to the forum here so the buyers at Right Start could see and read about the difficulties everyone is having.
All in all, I belive they are handling the matter very professionally. They are sending me a return authorization and I would not hesitate to order from them again.
Great CS for Right Start!!! :thumbsup:

owljolson

well, since I have a 2007 Odyssey, and I've read here on several threads that the Regent won't install in it in the capt's chairs (SBP), I guess I'll have to assume the Frontier won't either. I think it's because the belt stalk is too short(?). I've had a bad experience already with ordering online, so I'm a little scared to do that again. Unfortunately, I don't have a store within an hour's drive to try any of these out, so I really don't want to make the trek without being pretty sure the seat's going to work. Unless anyone out there has installed it in an Odyssey 2nd row successfully?:shrug-shoulders:

mom23boys

I also ordered from Right Start and they are going to have UPS come to our home to pick it up and I assume he will have a label to return to Right Start! They took care of everything for me:thumbsup: They have had exceptional Customer Service all the way around! I would definitely reccommend them to anyone!

fuzzysnowdog

First time poster :) and not a tech but familiar at least. I have an 07 Chrysler Aspen with Captain Chairs (assume they would be similar to a Dodge Durango/Caravan or Chrysler T&C) and couldn't get an install at all.

Aside from the difficulty with the latch/belt placement it appeared to be to big and at a difficult angle to get a snug on the seat install. We currently have a MA installed and since the bases are so different it makes sense. I have a Naughty in DHs Jeep Commander and will probably buy another for my truck.

I really wanted this seat to work! Ordered from Amazon and they are coming back for it.

mom23boys

First time poster :) and not a tech but familiar at least. I have an 07 Chrysler Aspen with Captain Chairs (assume they would be similar to a Dodge Durango/Caravan or Chrysler T&C) and couldn't get an install at all.

Aside from the difficulty with the latch/belt placement it appeared to be to big and at a difficult angle to get a snug on the seat install. We currently have a MA installed and since the bases are so different it makes sense. I have a Naughty in DHs Jeep Commander and will probably buy another for my truck.

I really wanted this seat to work! Ordered from Amazon and they are coming back for it.

Did you call Britax and let them know about the install problem??

mom23boys

Yep I will, its on my list of To Do's which I will get to when I'm done crying in my coffee that it didn't work :(

I am so sorry! Alot of us were praying that this seat was going to give our children another option to stay harnessed longer! To bad that we are all having the same installation problems!:thumbsdown:

Heather98012

FYI, the first review on the Frontier is up at elitecarseats. I don't know if she is a member here, so I'll give you the highlights.

She tried an install in an '05 Sienna & couldn't get a good install with either latch or seatbelt. Of course, it's being returned.

This is just depressing. It seems NO ONE is getting a good install. UGH!!

Chris920

I have to wonder if Britax focused on LATCH installs thinking that most folks would have LATCH cars by now. Don't see how a company like Britax would not realize that that would, in effect, make it a 40lb seat for most people though. When I called CS about Regent install issues the rep was SO SURE that the Frontier would be the answer to all my problems.

Last edited:

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
well, since I have a 2007 Odyssey, and I've read here on several threads that the Regent won't install in it in the capt's chairs (SBP), I guess I'll have to assume the Frontier won't either. I think it's because the belt stalk is too short(?). I've had a bad experience already with ordering online, so I'm a little scared to do that again. Unfortunately, I don't have a store within an hour's drive to try any of these out, so I really don't want to make the trek without being pretty sure the seat's going to work. Unless anyone out there has installed it in an Odyssey 2nd row successfully?:shrug-shoulders:

I have and '06 Odyssey and installed a Regent in the captains chair no problem. Short belt path with the recline bar.

Heather98012

Also, I found someone on Amazon who got it installed good with Latch. I posted a reply asking for more info (kind of car, what her dd weighs, etc).

<sigh> I so want this seat to work. It's so up in the air, though!

Lys

Senior Community Member
Also, I found someone on Amazon who got it installed good with Latch. I posted a reply asking for more info (kind of car, what her dd weighs, etc).

<sigh> I so want this seat to work. It's so up in the air, though!

I got an excellent install with LATCH in my Pilot and DH's Tundra. Only problem is it can't be used past 40 lbs!

Heather98012

I got an excellent install with LATCH in my Pilot and DH's Tundra. Only problem is it can't be used past 40 lbs!

Well, unless your specific vehicle latches to 48 lbs, correct??

I did ask for more info from the lady on Amazon....such as, how much her daughter weighs, what vehicle, etc. I dunno if she'll reply, though.

aisraeltax

yeh, im not generally that frugile when it comes to car seats but im not spending $300 on a booster and FF seat from 35-40 lbs (my kids will stay RF'ing in teh convertible until 35 lbs.). just not. worth. it. :(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC