? for those that had britax replace a seat...

momme2_3

When they say that they need a cc to hold until they get the other seat back, do they actually charge or hold the amount until they get it back or do they just keep your numbers on file? then charge if they don't get it?

I need to know because I only use our debit card and need to know if I am actually out that amount until they get the seat or it takes some time to debit?!? I know it will be put back on if they do take it out, but I need to budget accordingly if I will be out the 300 until they get the seat.

IF that all made sense to you?

ADS

jclaire

I'll be getting my replacement seat from Britax today and they just held my CC number, didn't actually charge it. However, the must run it through to make sure you have the amount needed because the first card I used didn't work but the second one did.

Anyway, they don't actually take the funds out unless you don't return the seat.

momme2_3

I'll be getting my replacement seat from Britax today and they just held my CC number, didn't actually charge it. However, the must run it through to make sure you have the amount needed because the first card I used didn't work but the second one did.

Anyway, they don't actually take the funds out unless you don't return the seat.

Ok thanks!!

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
They told me that they actually hold the amount. We don't have a credit card or debit card, so I borrowed my dads number. $300 is nothing to him on his card. I got mine Tuesday and DH took the old one back to the UPS store yesterday.

dhardawa

They replaced a cover for me and when I went online and looked at my credit card statement, it showed as "Pending" until they took the hold off. Typically, places that just want to validate your credit card will have a $1 charge that shows pending until the actual amount goes through. So, I'd say they do hold the money.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
I didn't want to give them my credit card number at all, so I took the option of sending back my seat first, and they sent out the replacement when they received my seat. Of course, this only works if you don't need the seat during that time. (I took the opportunity to buy a Daisy Daze Scenera as a backup. :D)

jclaire

I'll have to ask my mom to look at her CC statement online and see what it says. I had to use her card because our debit card wouldn't work (not sure why) and, like a pp said, $300 was nothing for my mom. She's the one who bought the Decathlon in the first place! lol

I didn't want to give them my credit card number at all, so I took the option of sending back my seat first, and they sent out the replacement when they received my seat. Of course, this only works if you don't need the seat during that time. (I took the opportunity to buy a Daisy Daze Scenera as a backup. :D)

WHY didn't I think of that?!?!?!

They are likely to put an authorization hold for the entire amount. If you are using a debit card, that means that the 300 will be unavailable for you to use while the hold is pending. Money is not taken out of your account, but the funds are tied up until the hold is released. The hold prevents a debit card user from making purchases above and beyond their actual funds.

A credit card has the same thing. However, credit cards can have a higher credit limit that makes the hold seem invisible. If however, you are near your credit limit on your card, it could result in your card being declined for other purchases, even though you haven't reached the limit. Authorization holds are usually removed 3-5 days after they have been checked.

If possible, you should try to use a credit card, not a debit card, when processing a potential hold. This includes Britax, or at a hotel when you give them your card for incidentals. Some hotels, can place as much as a $500 hold per night on a card. If you use a debit card, it can tie up a lot of cash, quick.

momme2_3

They are likely to put an authorization hold for the entire amount. If you are using a debit card, that means that the 300 will be unavailable for you to use while the hold is pending. Money is not taken out of your account, but the funds are tied up until the hold is released. The hold prevents a debit card user from making purchases above and beyond their actual funds.

This was exactly what I needed to know! Thanks!!

MissAllyLou

As far as I can see, I have no 'pending' charges, or any flat-out charges from Britax. They sent my seat out Tuesday (I got it yesterday), and nothing has shown up so far! But, like a pp said, they must run it through, because they called back and asked for a different CC 10 minutes after I hung up.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC