Tyler in a few booster seats (pics)

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
All booster are shown in their highest settings. He is even with the highest setting in the Regent, thanks to the dang recline bar!

Here is Tyler in the Graco Turbo Booster:

GracoTB.jpg

GracoTB2.jpg

GracoTB3.jpg

Here he is in the Combi Kobuk that we got the Lifesavers. I dislike the lap belt guides, but like it other than that. The shoulder belt guides have two setting.

CombiKobuk.jpg

CombiKobuk2.jpg

CombiKobuk3.jpg

Last is the Apex. He forgets where the lap belt should be on this and I have to remind him.

Apex.jpg

Apex2.jpg

Apex3.jpg

ADS

firemomof3

Thanks for the great pictures! It looks like the Apex provides a lot of support for his long legs?! Does the Apex latch or tether in booster mode?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
This is why it always seems so strange to me that he has outgrown the Parkway :D. Aren't the lap belt guides ridiculous on the Kobuk?

Last edited:

Kat_Momof3

Yes, yes yes!! they are horrid!

I can't believe how much room he has in the Apex... I've seen kids outgrow the parkway and Apex at the same time.

ginny4

VERY NICE PICS!! i had tested my ds in the apex in booster mode & he fit awesome in it!! the only thing is my apex doesn't have any epp/eps (not sure which one) foam in the headrest. its th eolder model. so i'd rather not use it for a booster. my DD will be using it in my parents car as a harness & then my YDS will use it harnessed as well til it expires.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
In the PW he is squished in the shoulder and his shoulder height was almost to the belt guide last summer. I swear, we had a freak PW. We tried him in the Monarch at Lifesavers and it was still bad. The Monterey was awesome!

LCMOM

Senior Community Member
The Apex gives him a wonderful shoulder fit as well as more height, and yes, it does SO much better for his legs than the PW, which was awful on all of these factors; I sold it! Apex would NOT be my first choice, due to the lack of foam and stability, and it does not (as far as I know) latch or tether in booster mode, but it is fine as a back-up seat. I am REALLY loving the Monterey; plenty of room, nice deep seat, FANTASTIC side impact protection.... with 86Y for harnessing, of course. He gets his Roosevelt next week; I am so excited!! ALSO: there are 2 diffferent harness heights on the Apex; we measured at a baby store last year and there is a 17 and 19'' harness, depending on style of seat you get (Judi, do you remember this and have more info??). Maybe you are thinking of the shorter one being outgrown at the same time as the PW??

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Yes, we have the taller one.

Here he is in the Monterey, not in a car though.

SKMonterey3.jpg

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Ok, now under me. We are just just friends. LCMOM has adopted DH and I as Uncle and Aunt.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Yeah, they are wonderful birth control. They are good kids, but it just reminds me that I don't need more!

scatterbunny

Great pics! :thumbsup: I don't care for how high the lapbelt seems to ride with the Apex. :( While the Kobuk's lapbelt guides might make buckling harder, I prefer how it positions the lapbelt nice and low.

MumtotinyM

Great pic's I love the monterey! This is slightly OT, but is your TB two different colors? It looked like the bottom half was blue, and the top was red? I have never seen one like that before.

MumtotinyM

LOL! Ok Thanks! :) That's actually kind of a cool idea, switching up the tops and bottoms. You could make some funky combos!

LCMOM

Senior Community Member
LOL Frankenturbo came about because Judi had a seat and I had a back and we knew she would be transporting him... he is a blossoming carseat junkie himself :) I called Britax and confirmed that we are stuck with the recline bar, which STINKS because he lost about 1/2 inch due to the bar in moving from Husky to Regent.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
LOL! Judi's Turbo is a FrankenTurbo. :p It's a back from one and a bottom from another. :)

That's too funny, I have a bits-N-pieces TB too. DD1 was dying for the TB with the star pattern a several years ago when I needed a spare booster, but no one had it in stock so I bought a red one with white piping. A few weeks later a friend gifted me with a blue TB. As soon as I took it home DD insisted I switch the backs so that she had two 4th of July boosters (red, white, and blue). I crashed one of them though so I only have one now, and it expires at the end of the year.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC