Can't get straps clean

niccig

I'm giving our Blvd to SIL. I've tried cleaning the straps with baby wipes and then a small drop of baby shampoo and a damp cloth - neither of these options gets them clean. Anything else to try, or do I need to buy new straps - :(

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I consider Tide or Dawn to be 'mild' soaps, personally (since one doesn't destroy my clothes after a thousand washes, and the other doesn't destroy my hands while I do dishes :whistle:)... a dollop in a bowl of warm water with a sponge or washcloth to wipe down the straps has never damaged my straps ;) (IMO, it's like one of those 'rules' that has to be black or white with no shades of gray. They have to say 'no washing' because some doofus will put it in the machine on hot with a cup of bleach (weakens straps) and downy (destroys anti flammability)and then put it in the hot dryer then iron (nothing like melting those straps!) them with starch (crispy fraying! yum!) if you even hint that any washing is allowed, KWIM?)

:twocents:

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
I've used a very soft toothbrush with dawn on harness straps before, it gets out puke better than a sponge or washcloth, you don't need to use it vigerously, just very gentle gets into those grooves perfectly!

niccig

Thank you ladies. We should be fine with a little toothbrush and a spot of dawn. They're not too bad, but I would like them to be a little cleaner than they are.

niccig

They came up nice and clean. Of course, if I had cleaned them more often, it would have been easier. I also should say, that they're getting a Blvd for nothing, and a little wear and tear has to be expected. But the straps are now in good condition thanks to the toothbrush.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC