3 way comparison- Frontier, Regent and Nautilus

Lys

Senior Community Member
I just got our Frontier and my friend let me borrow her Nautilus for this so here are side by side comparisons of the 3 seats.
3way006.jpg

Harness heights for each seat.
3way011.jpg

3way013.jpg

3way014.jpg

ADS

Lys

Senior Community Member
Here's how Ian fits in the Frontier and the Nautilus.
The Frontier is on the next to the last set of slots on the back. On the Nautilus, I have it on the highest setting, but as you can see in the pic, it could be moved down one.
3way015.jpg

3way018.jpg

3way016.jpg

I DO NOT like the seat depth on the Nautilus. As in the pics, you can see how much more leg support Ian has in the Frontier. I believe The Nautilus wouldn't be comfortable once installed in the Pilot.
3way019.jpg

Lys

Senior Community Member
Love the Dyson in the background ;)

Keep 'em coming!

Dude! That is my workhorse! Best money ever spent except for my Britax seats. ;)

I'm going out to the car now to do the install and will take more pics then.

Kaylasmom

Dude! That is my workhorse! Best money ever spent except for my Britax seats. ;)

I have the same one - although I make my DH use it. Other than my daughter, the best thing to come from my pregnancy was the passing of the vacuuming duties!

jdchic3

In the first pic are all the seats in their highest setting? If so the Frontier looks pretty short for a HBB. That is unless it goes up higher in booster mode... Really great pics though! Can't wait to see the install pics!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Just butting in...the FR goes a LOT higher as a booster, but you have to unscrew a thing in the back to pull the headrest up :thumbsup:

arly1983

Thanks for the pics!

I can agree with you on the Tyson. One of my aunts brought hers with me when we moved. Yeah, I didn't want to give it back. :eek:

Yoshi

Thanks, Lysandra! Great comparison. I personally don't see the allure of the Frontier, but that's just me. I think I've owned every other seat, though, ;) Despite the seat depth and the TSIP labeling, it really isn't much different from the GN.....We love our Nautilus and we love our Regent, and after she outgrows those, she should be ready for seatbelt anyway:whistle:

Lys

Senior Community Member
In the first pic are all the seats in their highest setting? If so the Frontier looks pretty short for a HBB. That is unless it goes up higher in booster mode... Really great pics though! Can't wait to see the install pics!

The headrests are the the highest position for HARNESS mode in those pics. However, the seat of the Frontier slopes in the back so it looks smaller than the other.
Ian has the same amount of SIP on both.

Christi61315

I was so hoping the frontier would have higher harness...

DAMN.. I need a seat for the freaking AIR plane that is not the radian

sasicas

Is there a big difference between the depth and the width of the Nautilus and Frontier?
Thanks for posting the pics!

aisraeltax

thanks for the pix. this is definitely helping me in making a decision on our next seat (though we dont have to for awhile).

Lys

Senior Community Member
I'm sure everyone will be reading this thread so I'm not going to start a new one because there is no way I can get the Frontier tight in my Pilot because of the long seat belt buckle stalks.
I have tried twisting them like I have to for the Regent and it's just not working. And it's not working because the belt path is literally in the back of the seat. You can't even see it when it's flush against the seat.
If I could use LATCH with it- easy breezy. If I had buckle stalks that came directly from between the bight of the vehicle seat- easy breezy. But my buckle stalks lay flat on the seat when not in use. Even untwisted and allowing the buckle stalk to thread into the belt path, it's a no go. I think if the belt path was more open toward the sides of the seat, the male end of the buckle would lay flat enough to get a good install.
:crying: I'm so disappointed.I really like everything else about the seat, but I can't see spending $265 for a LATCHable booster since I can't get it to install well.

Pilotbuckle001.jpg

Pilotbuckle002.jpg

Pilotbuckle003.jpg

Pilotbuckle004.jpg

Last edited:

hipmaman

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Thanks for the pictures. Is the Frontier at the highest setting? I had to actually turned the FN around and adjust to the top setting because I figured the display model was stiff and the second from the top was easily mistaken for the top setting. I had another person mentioned the same thing.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC