Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Parkways are here! update

I don't want to bore my husband with my babble about the booster seats so I thought I would babble to all of you instead. Tracking says my seats are out for delivery!

I am excited to try these out for the kids. I can't wait to see how they fit in the car and am so glad that they will have tall high back boosters to use in the cars with no headrests - both my car and their grandparent's vehicles. I am also excited that they will have some side impact protection in our little car without side curtain airbags.
    Last edited by musicmaj; 04-17-2008 at 07:36 PM. Reason: update!
    Angie mama to R 4 years, 33 lbs/38 inches in a radian
    W 7 years,66 lbs/51 inches in a parkway
    M 9 years, 58 lbs/51 inches in a parkway

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: My parkways are coming....

Ahem...

Details?
    What cover(s)?

We can't fully rejoice with you without that little detail ya know

~Tara~
    7 kids in 3 seats
    Ages 16yr - 2yr

Re: My parkways are coming....

Well they are here. They are really, really soft. I got a purple university parkway and a navy university of Michegan parkway. I bought them from Albeebaby so I got a really good deal. $60 each. My children fit very nicely in these boosters, especially my 6 year old. My 6 year old LOVES the seat. That is the good news.

The bad news is that I can not fit both of them in my car. I have to put my 2 year old in the center. I tried his fpsv and radian both ff and rf. I didn't try with his regal ride because I was trying to use the two seats that have eps foam in them and I am looking for longevity. Currently I have the radian in rearfacing, one parkway outboard and one fpsv booster outboard. This is not really acceptable though as my husband can not drive the car with the radian rearfacing. Dh is making fun of me for purchasing without trying in the car first so I am going to have to wait to try any other combinations 'til he is not home.

The best fit is actually two fpsv boosters (which dd is close to outgrowing with back) and the ff fpsv convertible. I sure wish those seats were taller. DD is going to be really, really upset if I have to return her new purple parkway.
    Angie mama to R 4 years, 33 lbs/38 inches in a radian
    W 7 years,66 lbs/51 inches in a parkway
    M 9 years, 58 lbs/51 inches in a parkway