If you were me, what would you buy

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
as an "extra seat". My daughter is six. Most of her friends are close to the same age. Many of them don't ride in seats of any sort any more (boo hiss, boo hoo). Because of this, I'm planning on buying an extra seat of some sort to live in my car for playdayes and carpools. I'm thinking booster would be most appropriate, and I'd also like to start teaching my daughter how to ride in a booster.

I own a Compass B510. Would you stick with that or look into a LATCHable booster like the Monterey, or apparently the Nautilus? I don't want to spend $300 on a Frontier since I'm mostly interested in boostering.

(I also have Radians in both cars. If I have to transport a child whom I'm not comfortable boostering, I could either switch out the second Radian or put my daughter in the booster and the other child in the Radian.)

ADS

abacus2

I was thinking that a Compass B510 would be a great choice even before reading that you already own one. It's a comfortable easy to use booster that kids who aren't used to boosters would probably like. It doesn't have the close-to-the-head wings that some kids dislike. Also the folding feature is nice for when you aren't using it.

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
The Compass would be a nice seat.

I am planning on getting a Monterey when they make their way here this summer and then the Parkway will be our spare. If the child doesn't like the headwings, they can use the Monterey and A can use the Parkway. I also have two Radians installed with the harness in the highest position, so I've got those to work with as well.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC