You know you're an carseat nut when...

courtfrog2

Okay... another one. Last night I was in the van. We have a Marathon, a regent, and a strapped in Parkway. Well, my 8 year old, 58lb, 51inch DD asked if she could ride in the Parkway... it's new. I told her this one time.

She fit in it, most people would be fine. LOL. Not the case with me.

I kept telling her, sit back (she was hardly moving though). I was SO nervous. All I could think about was if I got in an accident, it would be SO bad because she could be much safer in the Regent! How would I explain it to the firefighters/emt's/myself! I was a NERVOUS wreck...LOL. Luckily we were only going a short ways. Oh... btw... she sensed I was nervous and next time didn't even ask to ride in the PW! Good girl!

(the parkway is for my 9.5 year old step son who is 54inch, 69lbs).

Yep... I'm definately carseat nut!

ADS

emandbri

Oh I'm with you! Benjamin rode in a booster for the first time last week and seriously I was freaking out! We were heading out of town for a road trip and wanted to get on the road before rush hour traffic started and at the last min decided to leave the van with my husband so he could pack it and go get him in brian's car.

I was running late and didn't have time to move a seat over so I decided to try him in the booster. He will be 5 in Aug, is 43 lbs, and 43 inches tall he fits in the weight limits for a booster no problem. I told him he had to sit still and I locked the seat belt! The older two started using boosters part time around 3 1/2 but I just never have for Benjamin. Luckily he didn't care about being in the booster and ask to go in it again. He even saw me looking at the fronteir online and said he wants one! :D

jclaire

Okay... another one. Last night I was in the van. We have a Marathon, a regent, and a strapped in Parkway. Well, my 8 year old, 58lb, 51inch DD asked if she could ride in the Parkway... it's new. I told her this one time.

I just couldn't get past this part...my 6 year old went to the Dr. yesterday and he is 59lbs, 52.5 inches tall! LOL

He also has a 20 inch torso so we don't have a choice but to have him in a booster (the Compass b510 to be exact).

courtfrog2

Yep... she's pretty small. That's her in my siggy LOL. She eats a TON though!

I am such a nut that I weigh and measure my kids every other weekend! LOL

jclaire

Yep... she's pretty small. That's her in my siggy LOL. She eats a TON though!

I am such a nut that I weigh and measure my kids every other weekend! LOL

Me too!! :eek:

Glad I'm not the only nut case...just wish I didn't have such gigantic kids!! :p

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC