Off Topic: Family Court

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I've complained about it often enough here & there in this forum so I thought I'd give an update :eek:

At the Part II Hearing my ex was again a no-show, no-call as he has been at past hearings & for roughly 50% of the visitations (not to mention the total lack of any child support $ whatsoever). He failed to complete his addiction counseling. Considering all this & the fact that he violated the Order of Protection, the Judge made an Order based on default that the Order of Protection extend for another year, I still have Sole Custody & his visitations are to be Supervised Permanently according to a specific, regular, reliable schedule (3 hours per week after church).

This means it's not going to Trial & I don't have to worry now about him exposing my daughter to dangerous illegal activity! :D I'm free to move further upstate without any problems & my attorney said that when I get married there's almost no risk whatsoever of the Judge not approving my request to have my daughter's last name changed with mine -- I don't need her biodad's permission in our state; it just has to be "in the best interest of the child" & sharing the same name as 2 professional parents who constantly show true caring for her is certainly in her best interest compared to that loser....

So, the move further upstate with my new man (the OBGYN) might happen sooner than planned - the financial issue with my car is getting worked out, I'm using student loan refunds to pay off other personal loans & my tax refund to go on vacation (I can't wait for that Britax Two Way Plus, heheheh) & I'm going to apply for a Women's Small Business loan etc. to begin a Small Day Care Center in my man's new Women's Medicine Institute where I'll also be offering Childbirth Education. Things are going really well just in time for the holidays! I've even made great progress in therapy for my Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. We celebrated in Rockefeller Center last weekend & I have been on an emotional high for days :)

BRIGHTEST BLESSINGS TO YOU ALL

ADS

KeikiHula

That is awesome Papooses!!! I am so excited for you!! Is there going to be a wedding soon then?

So I have always wondered something, and if you don't feel comfortable answering, just tell me. ;)
You have your s-dd and s-ds alot, and now you have given your Blvd and Wizard to Elfie (who I have gathered is your s-dd's little sister??) Does that mean they all Leila's bio dad's kids?:confused:
My ex had a dd from his first marriage and I was pretty close with her while we were together (we were never married). I have seen her a couple times over the last 10 years that we have been split up, but she never comes to visit me and I never have her with me. The only times I have seen her is at a mutual friend's and one time I ran into her and her grandma in town. So am I missing something, or do you just have a fantastic relationship with your ex's kids???:)

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Thanks, Dreaming :)

Nice new Ticker, Holly :D

& Yep, I call them my stepkids (or bonus kids) for lack of a better "title"....
Leila, Janaishia & Demetrius all have the same dad -- their mom & I live less than 1/2 mile from each other ;)

KeikiHula

ok, I get it now. So this isn't Elfie's dad? I was esp confused when you said Leila's dad hasn't been around.
I'm still not too sure about this pregnancy, but I decided this weekend I want to be excited about it, so I made a new ticker, and I joined a couple boards over on Amity's.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I have this new outlook on life: I have every right to be happy, even about those things that might not last - there's no Bank for emotions, no limit to tap out.... So, basically, Holly, GOOD FOR YOU for choosing to be happy about your pregnancy - you have every right to be! :) *HUGS*

& yep, Elfie is Janaishia's & Demetrius' 1/2 sister, like Leila - those 3 have the same mom ... Janaishia is still trying to grasp the concept that although both Elfie & Leila are her sisters, they aren't sisters to eachother :rolleyes: :eek:

KeikiHula

Dang Tiffany, I needed to hear that this morning. Now you got me crying! lol I know he can't hear me yet, but I had a nice long talk with him this morning, and told him I'm ok with whatever happens. I feel like such a nerd admitting that.:rolleyes:

I love to learn about people's families. I have a half brother, but he seldom lived with us, so I was pretty much an only (boring) child. Big families and mixed families just facinate me.;)

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Aw, that's not nerdy - it's great mommying! :)

I was pretty much an only child, too & sort of guffawed at your "(boring)" :p I actually have 4 1/2 siblings, but they're 14-16 years older than me :rolleyes:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC