Mayo Clinic Car seat info....

ADS

scatterbunny

Nice! :thumbsup: Especially this part:

When your child reaches the rear-facing weight or height limit of the convertible seat — often 30 to 35 pounds and varying heights — you can face the seat forward. Until then, your child is safest in the rear-facing position.

I'm picky, but I didn't like that it said infant seat handles must be down. That's not entirely accurate anymore. Overall, it was great, though!

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
I thought it was actually a decent "pictorial walkthrough". Not entirely accurate but not so bad it is devastating. I do love the part you quoted. As for handles I think since there are only a couple seat that allow the handles to be up at this time it was probably better they put all handles down. This way for those parents who don't read the manual but read this they will hopefully just leave it down. I prefered mine down.

bombedier

Senior Community Member
Would have been nice to see something about maturity in the 'ready for a booster' section, but on the whole, very nicely done!

tjham

Quote:

When your child reaches the rear-facing weight or height limit of the convertible seat — often 30 to 35 pounds and varying heights — you can face the seat forward. Until then, your child is safest in the rear-facing position.

Great! I like that it doesn't even *mention* the 1 and 20 bit.

When "1 yr, and 20 lbs." is mentioned first, so many people glom onto it without paying attention to the rest of the info!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC