Clek Oobr...

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
So to those that attended Lifesavers what are your thoughts on Cleks new high back booster? I know they only showed a proto type drawing at the session but did you think?

I know myself am excitied to see what it brings to the table. Kaylee loves her Ollie. I love the rigided LATCH another and the Clek engineer said these anchors will fold/slide back into the seat to be out of the way for nonLATCH vehicles. It looked really interesting. I wonder if the picture will be part of the power point releases on Lifesavers website soon.

ADS

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
I liked it too. I want an Ollie and would consider an Oobr. I love the name!

The names crack me up and so do their little characters too. I have been impressed with Clek just wish they would lower their price tag.

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
I'm intrigued. I considered an Ollie, but I'm concerned it won't work in the seating position I'd prefer to have Roman in. A HBB should work there, though, even if a backless doesn't.

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
Any pics? I have never heard of this seat.

They only had a drawing of it on a power point in the manufacture update session. They weren't giving out any info as it's still in the design phase and didn't want the competion to know all the details. They said it should be released Nov/Dec time frame.

From the picture it looked really cool but she did say it's a drawing and it maybe different and didn't give out a lot of details.

keri1292

I dont like the name. When I see this thread title, it makes me think..."Oh, someone has a stinky Clek...ewwww!" :ROTFLMAO: I see Clek O-D-O-R. :p

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
LOL, Keri :whistle:

I wonder why we have such a hard time spelling this company's name and products correctly? Like our brains can't wrap around Clek without a -ck most of the time, or Olli without an -e at the end... the Oobr is going to be the Oober when it's released...or Odor, lol. :D

scatterbunny

What makes it special? A highback LATCHable booster is pretty special. Currently there are only two dedicated highback LATCHable boosters (Jane Indy Plus and Sunshine Kids Monterey), so it's exciting to get more of those on the market. Also, the Olli backless is a high-quality seat, so the expectations are high for the Oobr, I think. :)

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
What makes it special? A highback LATCHable booster is pretty special. Currently there are only two dedicated highback LATCHable boosters (Jane Indy Plus and Sunshine Kids Monterey), so it's exciting to get more of those on the market. Also, the Olli backless is a high-quality seat, so the expectations are high for the Oobr, I think. :)

I recall Graco stated that the Nautilus is latchable as well. They are supposed to revamp thier manuals and make it retroactive. ;) There is a post either here or on Delphi about it as well.

I am excited about this seat! I want them to hurry up with it already...LOL

ETA: Here is the thread. http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?p=416164

scatterbunny

Oh, yes, I did know that (I remember participating in at least one thread here about the Nautilus and LATCH in booster mode), but I was talking about dedicated boosters with LATCH. ;)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
It's the quality, really... the other Cleks aren't just plastic cubes with a thin pad on top (which most boosters are...not that my kids complain about them, but that's the basic description of most boosters, lol)...they are like real auto upholstery, high quality foam, super high quality covers and craftsmanship...just overall they make great products, a highback should certainly be special if they make it :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC