Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Inglesina or Silver Cross

So I posted about a week or so ago looking for a good umbrella stroller. I thought I was going to get the Inglesina Swift or Urbe but I came across the Silver Cross Micro. Does anyone know much about this stroller, is it good?

TIA
    Steph
    Mom to R (5-steps),
    E and A (riding in Nuna Pipas)

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Inglesina or Silver Cross

no one has any experience with the Silver Cross??
    Steph
    Mom to R (5-steps),

Senior Community Member

My sister has a silver crosss umbrella stroller that is pink and black. It is very similar to my Maclaren Volo, it doesn't recline but has a cushier seat pad. She really likes it. We live in different states but the last time I was out for a visit she had her silver cross and I had my Volo and they seemed pretty similar. I ended up pushing my niece in her stroller some when dh and I took both the younger kids while my sister and her husband took the older two kids on rides. Anyway, it seemed to steer well. I can't rememeber the name of it though, I think it was the Micro or something similar to that. She bought it at BRU, I don't know if they still carry it though, she bought it 2 years ago.
    Former CPST and Mom to
    C-13 years old, B-11 years old
    A-8 years old riding in a Harmony Youth Booster or Graco TurboBooster

Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar

Yeah, Micro's same as Volo, but with slightly bigger wheels.
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

I own a Silver Cross Mini in the Ascot pattern. (not micro). When I purchased it, I was comparing between the two models and I decided against the Micro because it was too light and not sturdy enough for what dh and I would put it through. I've never regretted our purchase. I think the difference between the two was 2lbs - a reclinable seat - 35lb vs 40lb limit, & slightly taller for the Mini. 6'4 dh was able to push it without killing his back or stepping all over the wheels.

I've owned it for over 2 1/2 years and I have no complaints.

Here's dd in it when she turned 3 years old and 39-40" and 35ish pounds. She's really leggy.

We've used it since, but I don't have any recent photos. Apologies

Oh and it's been heavily loaded with STUFF -- probably around 70lbs worth and it just gets harder to push... no bending. It's a really good frame.

I realize you weren't asking about the Mini, but I hope I provided some helpful info for you
    My Munchkin -- Nov 2008--5 years, 45.5", 42lbs
    Current Stats: 12 years old /5'5/ 115lbs/ Seatbelt

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Phillip K. Dick

Thanks guys!!!
    Steph
    Mom to R (5-steps),